The show is based on George R. R. Martin's best-selling 'A Song of Ice and Fire' novels, which, admittedly, I have never read. Still, I'm excited about the possibilities for this series. HBO did family drama right ('Six Feet Under'), reinvented the Western ('Deadwood'), gave us a wonderfully quirky vampire show ('True Blood'), and the greatest police drama of all time ('The Wire'). I can't wait to see what an epic HBO fantasy series will look like.
Gosh, Amanda Peet sure is busy these days. Not only is she starring as NBS president Jordan McDeere on NBC's Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, but she is also newly pregnant. And, this past weekend, she became a newlywed. Tomorrow she will be announcing the cure for the avian flu (as usual, just making sure you're paying attention).
Peet married screenwriter David Benioff on Saturday after a year engagement. This was the first marriage for both (which surprises me in today's 'married today, divorced tomorrow' Hollywood society) and it took place at Friends Seminary, the Quaker school that Peet attended while a teenager. Last week, on The Late Show with David Letterman, Peet revealed that she was pregnant and was due early next year.
In addition to her current role on the Aaron Sorkin drama, Peet has starred in Syriana and The Whole Nine Yards, with Studio 60 co-star Matthew Perry. Benioff is currently working on Wolverine, a spin-off of the X-Men movie series starring Hugh Jackman.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revolution' Creator Eric Kripke Answers: Will the Story Live On?
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.6 Photos: A Visit from April's Mom
- 'Constantine' Series Premiere Recap: John Constantine Makes a Big Entrance
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- More From BuddyTV
- Castle Scoop: Krista Allen Cast as Former B-Movie Star
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Supernatural's Jensen Ackles
- Ratings: Constantine Does Sub-Dracula Numbers, Blue Bloods Hits Highs
- Constantine: Will You Go to Hell and Back for NBC's New Drama?
- Grimm Season 4 Premiere Recap: Trubel-ing Times
- More From TVLine