The show is based on George R. R. Martin's best-selling 'A Song of Ice and Fire' novels, which, admittedly, I have never read. Still, I'm excited about the possibilities for this series. HBO did family drama right ('Six Feet Under'), reinvented the Western ('Deadwood'), gave us a wonderfully quirky vampire show ('True Blood'), and the greatest police drama of all time ('The Wire'). I can't wait to see what an epic HBO fantasy series will look like.
Gosh, Amanda Peet sure is busy these days. Not only is she starring as NBS president Jordan McDeere on NBC's Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, but she is also newly pregnant. And, this past weekend, she became a newlywed. Tomorrow she will be announcing the cure for the avian flu (as usual, just making sure you're paying attention).
Peet married screenwriter David Benioff on Saturday after a year engagement. This was the first marriage for both (which surprises me in today's 'married today, divorced tomorrow' Hollywood society) and it took place at Friends Seminary, the Quaker school that Peet attended while a teenager. Last week, on The Late Show with David Letterman, Peet revealed that she was pregnant and was due early next year.
In addition to her current role on the Aaron Sorkin drama, Peet has starred in Syriana and The Whole Nine Yards, with Studio 60 co-star Matthew Perry. Benioff is currently working on Wolverine, a spin-off of the X-Men movie series starring Hugh Jackman.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Recap: The Two-Faced Prince is Summoned
- 'Nashville' Recap: How Much Longer Can Will Keep His Secret?
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 21 Touching and Frightening Moments from 'Greensleeves'
- 'Criminal Minds' Recap: Bugging Out
- 'The 100' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Welcome to Mount Weather
- More From BuddyTV
- Here's What Renee Zellweger Told ET About Plastic Surgery -- Back in 2002
- S Club 7 Makes Our Dreams Come True With Reunion News
- Oscar De La Renta: Inside His World
- Taylor Swift Reveals '1989' Tracklist (and We Guess Who Each Song Is About)
- Former Crisis Manager: Teresa Giudice a 'Mess,' Worse Than Chris Brown
- More From ET