Chris Nolan, the director of last year's summer blockbuster Batman Begins, is nearing a deal to direct a movie version of the cult classic television show The Prisoner.
According to the website comingsoon.net Nolan will direct a contemporary version of the show once he is finished with production of The Dark Knight, a sequel to Batman Begins. The movie adaptation of The Prisoner will be written by Janet and David Peoples (Twelve Monkeys, Blade Runner). It's unknown if this modern version of the show will connect in any way with the remake of The Prisoner that has been commissioned by Britain's Sky One satellite channel.
Only lasting 17 episodes back in 1967, The Prisoner featured Patrick McGoohan as a government agent who resigns, is kidnapped, and placed on an isolated island known as the Village. It's there that he is given the new identity of Number 6. If you are interested in getting a feel for the series, number one fan Michael Sciannamea is currently reviewing episodes of The Prisoner for TV Squad's Retro Squad column.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Agents of SHIELD' episode 15 'Yes Men' recap: Did Ward always want Skye?
- 'The Originals' episode 16 'Farewell to Storyville' recap: The trial of Rebekah Mikaelson
- 'Suits' Season 3 episode 12 video: Stephen Macht and pleading for Mike in 'Yesterday's Gone'
- 'Teen Wolf' Season 4: 'Flowers in the Attic,''Ender's Game' actors cast
- 'Gotham': FOX's pre-Batman drama gets a logo and synopsis
- More From Zap2it
- Exclusive Video: Kristen Bell Talks Logan Vs. Piz, 'Blurred Lines' On the Set and Veronica Mars 2
- Nashville Promotes Will Chase and Oliver Hudson to Series Regulars, Pending Season 3 Renewal
- Pilot News: Olivia Wilde, Body of Proof and One Tree Hill Alums Are Among Latest Castings
- NBC Sets Season Finale Dates For The Blacklist, Community, Parenthood and More
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Bones, Grey's, Good Wife, Suits, PLL, Reign, New Girl and More
- More From TVLine