Death of Michael Jackson
It's been at least a month since La Toya Jackson became the only contestant on the 'Celebrity Apprentice' to be fired, re-hired and then promptly re-fired. Anxious to return to the spotlight, Jackson sat down with Matt Lauer Monday on 'Today' (7 AM ET, weekdays on NBC) for a bizarre interview filled with confusing statements and contradictions that gave off more smoke than fire.
Jackson was there to talk about her recent book 'Starting Over,' in which she claims to investigate Michael's death and identify his true killer. In the book, she posits that Michael's death was a conspiracy and that Dr. Conrad Murray is merely a fall guy. But when Matt Lauer pressed her on why the book doesn't name anyone or offer any evidence about that, Jackson could only respond with a hollow, "If you read the book you'll understand."
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP WITH THE SHOWS ABOUT MICHAEL JACKSON?!
Honestly, what else can you possibly say? You've already interviewed every Jackson lawyer (past and present), interviewed his dermatologist, talked to his friends, talked to Jermaine Jackson, given a live tour of Neverland Ranch (complete with ghosts), had Marlon Brando's son on almost every night, interviewed Jackson's former nurse, and you actually went to the memorial service itself and reported from there. What else can you possibly do? Are you going to have an exclusive interview with Michael Jackson's nose? Talk to his mailman?
And the production was going to be worked on by a former cast member of Saved By The Bell.
This morning at 10:30, E! will have the special Michael & Farrah: Lost Icons (good for them to include Farrah, whose death was overshadowed by bad timing). At 8 tonight (and Sunday), CNN will have Man in the Mirror, followed by a rerun of Larry King Live coverage and interviews about Jackson's death. At 10, The Bio Channel will air Bio Remembers: Michael Jackson.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show': Taylor Swift, Fall Out Boy and Candice Swanepoel in a $10 million bra
- 'Spartacus,''Scandal,''Orange Is the New Black' and more of 2013's best TV
- 'Sleepy Hollow' recap: A golem, a sin eater, and Ichabod Crane walk into a carnival
- Can 'Almost Human' make the leap from good to great?
- 'The Voice': Tessanne Chin talks 'therapeutic' semi-finals performance, brunch at Adam Levine's house
- More From Zap2it
- SCTV's Martin Short, Eugene Levy and Andrea Martin to Reunite in NBC's Working the Engels
- Exclusive: Ray Wise Joins The Young and the Restless As a Blast From Nikki's Past
- What to Watch Tuesday: Sons of Anarchy and 3 Other Finales, a Chicago Fire Fight and More
- The Sing-Off Season 4 Premiere Recap: For Whom the A Capella Tolls
- Sleepy Hollow Fall Finale Recap: Six Thousand Little Ichabods
- More From TVLine