September 3, 2015
Destined 2 Be
by Isabelle Carreau, posted Jul 30th 2009 3:14AM
Based on the comments you left on last night's review, a few of you decided to stop watching the show because the "Vegas Verdicts" process was too cruel. How can the judges tell people they are going to Vegas and not have them perform a second time before they are sent back home? How cruel is it to get performers' hopes up by telling them they are going to Vegas when, in fact, most of them will have done the trip just to hear that they weren't good enough? Why did the judges send talented people such as Kari, Ciana and Tallan home and keep acts such as the dominatrix yodeler? On a side note, we shouldn't put all the blame on the judges. I'm sure the producers are pulling a few strings.
Be truthful, even if you vouched you would never watch America's Got Talent again, you couldn't help yourself from taking a peak at tonight's episode, eh? If you decided to not tune in to watch the last "Vegas Verdicts" cruel fest but still want to know what happened, here come the results!
by Isabelle Carreau, posted Jul 29th 2009 2:10AM
(S04E11) "We can only put the best of the best through." - The Hoff
With the auditions finally over, it's time for the judges to get down to business and select the Top 40 acts amongst those -- 160 amazing, good, bad, and WTF? acts -- they let through to the "Vegas Verdicts" week. What the performers who were told they were going to Vegas didn't know is that the judges would be making cuts even before the performers could make their final plea to Sharon, Piers and David, for a chance to make it to the Top 40.
The performers were broken down into four groups. Groups A, C and D were told they would go through to the next round of judging. As expected, some people that didn't show real talent got through while Group B, which included acts such as guitarist Tallan Noble Latz, 8-year-old singer Ciana, singer Kari Callin and the Lake Houseton Performing Arts dance troupe, is going home.
What Groups A, C and D didn't know is that the judges would be making their final decision without them having to perform a second time...
by Isabelle Carreau, posted Jul 16th 2009 12:45AM
(S04E08) "They will let anybody on this show. Why?" - Nick after seeing a bad act
Haven't you watched the show before, Nick? Didn't your agent tell you what the series was all about before you signed on the dotted line? America's Got Talent is all about everyday people showcasing their talents. And, as it is the case for American Idol, anyone and everyone can audition, meaning that the audition episodes will be filled with bad acts performed by people who should have stayed home.
Tonight's installment featured an excerpt of Mariah Carey's new music video for the song "Obsessed." The song is not too bad, but I miss "Vision of Love" Mariah with the bigger vocals and usage of her full and impressive voice range. The clip, even if we didn't see it in its entirety (it may have aired fully in your area), seemed to be entertaining enough to air a million times on MTV in the next month. In case you missed the announcement, Mariah, aka AGT's host Nick Cannon's wife, will perform live on the show during the August 5 result episode.
Now onto comments about tonight's acts, including links to see more from some of the performers!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Can 'Dancing with the Stars' Repair Paula Deen's Reputation?
- 'RHONYC' Star Sonja Morgan Not Surprised by Josh Taekman's Ashley Madison Scandal
- Will 'Bachelorette' Couple Kaitlyn Bristowe and Shawn Booth Get Their Own Spinoff Series?
- 'Last Comic Standing' Recap: From Ten To Five
- 'Extant' Recap: Molly Might Have a Way to Beat the Humanichs
- More From BuddyTV
- Blacklist Bosses Talk 'Different Feel' of Season 3 — Plus: Watch a New Trailer
- Hawaii Five-0 Season 6 Promo Features Pirates, Prisoners... and a Proposal?
- Arrow First Look: Diggle Suits Up!
- Marvel's Luke Cage Casts House of Cards Vet as Villain Cottonmouth
- TVLine Items: Narcos Renewed, Colbert to Go Long, Mighty Spinoff and More
- More From TVLine
- Tom Hardy Is Going to Be a Dad Again!
- Jessica Alba Gets an Insanely Creepy Futuristic Facial – See the Pic!
- Behold! Susan Sarandon, Queen of Burning Man!
- Porn Star Who Claims She Had Violent Sex With Josh Duggar Offers Anna Duggar Advice
- 'No Doubt About It,' These New 'Empire' Season 2 Songs Are Fantastic!
- More From ET