As AOL Television continues their look at the 50 Best TV Comedies -- Ever with their Top 10, we here at TV Squad are also looking at television comedy, but with a slightly skewed difference. Last week, we took a look at the Saturday Night Live cast members from 1996 to 2006 that made it to the big time. This week, we get a bit more serious.
There are those in the industry who say that it is easier to go from acting in a drama to acting in a comedy than it is the other way around. Yet, as you will see from the list we've compiled after the jump, there are plenty of comedic actors who have jumped from the world of comedy films, stand-up comedy, and television sitcoms into the more serious world of drama. In many cases they have had even greater success than they did on the other side of the tracks. There have even been instances where they stayed in the drama genre and never went back to being funny.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Exclusive Interview: Joel Courtney on What Makes CW's 'The Messengers' Different
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: The Race Turns Beastly in Africa
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 6.19 and 6.20 Photos: Damon, Elena and the Cure
- 'The Messengers' Premiere Recap: Angels Among Us
- 'Arrow': Our 10 Favorite Roy Harper Moments
- More From BuddyTV
- Performer of the Week: Ming-Na Wen
- The Messengers: Do You Have Faith in The CW's New Supernatural Drama?
- American Idol: What Should the Top 6 Sing for 'Arena Anthems' Week?
- TVLine Items: Weeds Star Joins Preacher, Masters Kid Cast and More
- Arrow: 10 Things to Know About the Sexy, Scary Return to Nanda Parbat
- More From TVLine
- 2015 ACM Awards: Star Sightings
- Sofia Vergara Refutes Ex-Fiance's Claims She Wanted Frozen Embryos Destroyed
- Meet Country Music's Next Superstar: Thomas Rhett
- 'Love & Mercy' Trailer Promises You'll Never Listen to the Beach Boys the Same Again
- Garth Brooks Counts Down ACMs Weekend With '#GarthGrams'
- More From ET