As AOL Television continues their look at the 50 Best TV Comedies -- Ever with their Top 10, we here at TV Squad are also looking at television comedy, but with a slightly skewed difference. Last week, we took a look at the Saturday Night Live cast members from 1996 to 2006 that made it to the big time. This week, we get a bit more serious.
There are those in the industry who say that it is easier to go from acting in a drama to acting in a comedy than it is the other way around. Yet, as you will see from the list we've compiled after the jump, there are plenty of comedic actors who have jumped from the world of comedy films, stand-up comedy, and television sitcoms into the more serious world of drama. In many cases they have had even greater success than they did on the other side of the tracks. There have even been instances where they stayed in the drama genre and never went back to being funny.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.5 Photos: David Pays Nolan a Visit
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.4 Photos: Kate the Werewolf Returns
- 'Gotham' Episode 7 Photos: Will Gordon Regret His Decision to Let Penguin Live?
- 'Bones' Episode 10.6 Photos: The Team Chases Goats for Evidence
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 19: Week 6 Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- Scott Foley: I Had to Google 'Eiffel Tower' After Reading the 'Scandal' Script
- Can You Guess This Emmy-Nominated Actress From Her Very First Acting Gig?
- Sarah Jessica Parker Busted For Shoe Shoot at Carrie Bradshaw's House
- Derick and Jill Duggar Dillard Reveal the Sex of Their Baby
- Singing Nun from Italy's 'The Voice' Takes on Madonna's 'Like a Virgin': Watch Now!
- More From ET