As AOL Television continues their look at the 50 Best TV Comedies -- Ever with their Top 10, we here at TV Squad are also looking at television comedy, but with a slightly skewed difference. Last week, we took a look at the Saturday Night Live cast members from 1996 to 2006 that made it to the big time. This week, we get a bit more serious.
There are those in the industry who say that it is easier to go from acting in a drama to acting in a comedy than it is the other way around. Yet, as you will see from the list we've compiled after the jump, there are plenty of comedic actors who have jumped from the world of comedy films, stand-up comedy, and television sitcoms into the more serious world of drama. In many cases they have had even greater success than they did on the other side of the tracks. There have even been instances where they stayed in the drama genre and never went back to being funny.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: Welcome to Judgment Week
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City' Season 6 Finale Recap: Aviva Loses Her Head and Her Leg
- 'Chasing Life' Recap: Bylines and Goodbyes
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Season 2 Cast Photos
- 'Under the Dome': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Revelation'
- More From BuddyTV
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: One Flew Into the Cuckoo's Nest
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Grey's, Supernatural, P'hood, Flash, Scandal, Bones, NCIS and More
- Regina King Joins American Crime Drama, Books Big Bang Encore
- Anthony Hopkins Boards J.J. Abrams' HBO Sci-Fi Pilot Westworld
- The Mindy Project Season 3: Cheers Vet Rhea Perlman to Play Danny's Mother
- More From TVLine