As AOL Television continues their look at the 50 Best TV Comedies -- Ever with their Top 10, we here at TV Squad are also looking at television comedy, but with a slightly skewed difference. Last week, we took a look at the Saturday Night Live cast members from 1996 to 2006 that made it to the big time. This week, we get a bit more serious.
There are those in the industry who say that it is easier to go from acting in a drama to acting in a comedy than it is the other way around. Yet, as you will see from the list we've compiled after the jump, there are plenty of comedic actors who have jumped from the world of comedy films, stand-up comedy, and television sitcoms into the more serious world of drama. In many cases they have had even greater success than they did on the other side of the tracks. There have even been instances where they stayed in the drama genre and never went back to being funny.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ratings: S.H.I.E.L.D. and Voice Slip, Supernatural and About a Boy Rise, Glee Ties Low
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on 24, Revenge, Grey's, Dixie, Once, NCIS, Arrow, Sleepy and More!
- USA Sets Summer Dates for Covert Affairs, Graceland, New Matt Passmore Drama and Others
- Amazon Prime to Exclusively Stream HBO Faves Including Sopranos, The Wire, Deadwood, Veep
- Save the (New) Date: Fox Moves Bones Finale
- More From TVLine