As AOL Television continues their look at the 50 Best TV Comedies -- Ever with their Top 10, we here at TV Squad are also looking at television comedy, but with a slightly skewed difference. Last week, we took a look at the Saturday Night Live cast members from 1996 to 2006 that made it to the big time. This week, we get a bit more serious.
There are those in the industry who say that it is easier to go from acting in a drama to acting in a comedy than it is the other way around. Yet, as you will see from the list we've compiled after the jump, there are plenty of comedic actors who have jumped from the world of comedy films, stand-up comedy, and television sitcoms into the more serious world of drama. In many cases they have had even greater success than they did on the other side of the tracks. There have even been instances where they stayed in the drama genre and never went back to being funny.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time' Mid-Season Premiere Recap: Who Makes It into Storybrooke?
- 'How to Get Away with Murder': What Needs to Happen in Season 2
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'Child Star'
- 'Downton Abbey' Quotes: The Dowager Countess' Best Quips
- 'The Bachelor: The Women Tell All' Photos: Chris Soules Faces the Ladies
- More From BuddyTV
- Battle Creek: Does This Procedural Boast CBS' Better Odd Couple?
- Secrets and Lies: What's Your Verdict on ABC's New Murder Mystery?
- Downton Abbey Season Finale Recap: 'Proposals and Propositions'
- Good Wife Recap: Cash Twenty-Two
- The Last Man on Earth: Is Fox's New Post-Apocalyptic Comedy a Survivor?
- More From TVLine