As AOL Television continues their look at the 50 Best TV Comedies -- Ever with their Top 10, we here at TV Squad are also looking at television comedy, but with a slightly skewed difference. Last week, we took a look at the Saturday Night Live cast members from 1996 to 2006 that made it to the big time. This week, we get a bit more serious.
There are those in the industry who say that it is easier to go from acting in a drama to acting in a comedy than it is the other way around. Yet, as you will see from the list we've compiled after the jump, there are plenty of comedic actors who have jumped from the world of comedy films, stand-up comedy, and television sitcoms into the more serious world of drama. In many cases they have had even greater success than they did on the other side of the tracks. There have even been instances where they stayed in the drama genre and never went back to being funny.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 10 Worst Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Arrow': 17 Truths, Secrets, Lies and Surprises from 'Corto Maltese'
- 'Bones': 7 Reasons Why Aubrey Kicks Ass and Fits Right In
- 'Project Runway' Finale Prediction: Who Will Win Season 13?
- 'Bachelor' Roundup: Andi and Josh Invite Exes to Wedding, Desiree and Chris Set the Date
- More From BuddyTV
- Fall TV's Best Makeovers: Trim Tony, Edgy Thea, a Modern Hook and Others
- Pilot Scoop: ABC Eyes Marc Cherry's Modern Phantom of the Opera Drama
- TVLine Items: Courtney Love Joins Empire, a Buffy Halloween and More
- Sons of Anarchy: Gemma Teller Is a Mass Murderer — and We Have Proof
- House of Lies Recruits Mary McCormack as Marty's Potential Savior
- More From TVLine
- How Nick Jonas Got His Insane 'Hulk-ish' Body: 4,200 Calories a Day!
- NFL Players Say 'No More' to Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault in Powerful PSA
- Paul Reubens: Pee-wee Herman Movie is 'Imminent' – See What He Said in 1987!
- Jennifer Love Hewitt to Sissy Spacek: Hollywood's Top 5 Scream Queens
- Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- More From ET