As AOL Television continues their look at the 50 Best TV Comedies -- Ever with their Top 10, we here at TV Squad are also looking at television comedy, but with a slightly skewed difference. Last week, we took a look at the Saturday Night Live cast members from 1996 to 2006 that made it to the big time. This week, we get a bit more serious.
There are those in the industry who say that it is easier to go from acting in a drama to acting in a comedy than it is the other way around. Yet, as you will see from the list we've compiled after the jump, there are plenty of comedic actors who have jumped from the world of comedy films, stand-up comedy, and television sitcoms into the more serious world of drama. In many cases they have had even greater success than they did on the other side of the tracks. There have even been instances where they stayed in the drama genre and never went back to being funny.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Party String and a Cold Shower Spell Trouble
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: What Will Scott Become?
- 'Under the Dome' Recap: Big Jim Creates More Problems When He Finds the Egg
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Reunion Part 2 Recap: Does Tamra Defend Her Actions?
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Will the Arrival of Brooks Come Between Sarah and Robert?
- More From BuddyTV
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Poster Declares: 'Hunt or Be Hunted'
- Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 Returning Favorites!
- Grey's Anatomy Video: Shonda Rhimes Reflects on Show's No. 1 Love Story
- Under the Dome Recap: Family Matters
- Time Out! Lifetime's Saved by the Bell Exposé Would Have Us Believe....
- More From TVLine