As AOL Television continues their look at the 50 Best TV Comedies -- Ever with their Top 10, we here at TV Squad are also looking at television comedy, but with a slightly skewed difference. Last week, we took a look at the Saturday Night Live cast members from 1996 to 2006 that made it to the big time. This week, we get a bit more serious.
There are those in the industry who say that it is easier to go from acting in a drama to acting in a comedy than it is the other way around. Yet, as you will see from the list we've compiled after the jump, there are plenty of comedic actors who have jumped from the world of comedy films, stand-up comedy, and television sitcoms into the more serious world of drama. In many cases they have had even greater success than they did on the other side of the tracks. There have even been instances where they stayed in the drama genre and never went back to being funny.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The 100' Episode 2.10 Photos: Clarke and Lexa Partner Up
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Episode 5.19 Photos: What's Going on With Mike?
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.13 Photos: Bonnie's Birthday
- 'Glee' Episode 6.7 Photos: Will Teaches a Lesson About Tolerance
- 'The Blacklist' Post-Super Bowl Episode Photos: Will Liz and the Team Save Reddington in Time?
- More From BuddyTV
- Watch Kim Kardashian's Sexy, Funny T-Mobile Super Bowl Ad!
- 'The Bachelor': Recapping Week 4's Most Dramatic Dates and Craziest Moments!
- Stars Hit the 2015 Sundance Film Festival
- Benedict Cumberbatch Apologizes for Referring to Non-White Actors as 'Colored'
- EXCLUSIVE! Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner: 'He's the Happiest I've Ever Seen Him'
- More From ET