As AOL Television continues their look at the 50 Best TV Comedies -- Ever with their Top 10, we here at TV Squad are also looking at television comedy, but with a slightly skewed difference. Last week, we took a look at the Saturday Night Live cast members from 1996 to 2006 that made it to the big time. This week, we get a bit more serious.
There are those in the industry who say that it is easier to go from acting in a drama to acting in a comedy than it is the other way around. Yet, as you will see from the list we've compiled after the jump, there are plenty of comedic actors who have jumped from the world of comedy films, stand-up comedy, and television sitcoms into the more serious world of drama. In many cases they have had even greater success than they did on the other side of the tracks. There have even been instances where they stayed in the drama genre and never went back to being funny.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Walking Dead' Recap: Rick Prepares to Make a Trade
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: The Apollo-gy Aftermath
- 'Constantine' Recap: John and Papa Midnite Join Forces
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Which Guy's Got Moves Like Elvis?
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: Which Team is Targeted By the Other Racers?
- More From BuddyTV
- Ariana Grande Stuns the AMAs With Jazzy (Partly) Acoustic Performance
- American Music Awards 2014: The Complete Winners List
- Taylor Swift and Kelly Osbourne Help Sarah Hyland Ring in Her 24th Year
- Selena Gomez Shares a Behind-the-Scenes Moment Before the 2014 AMAs
- Katy Perry Starts a Feud with Australian Paparazzi on Twitter
- More From ET