As AOL Television continues their look at the 50 Best TV Comedies -- Ever with their Top 10, we here at TV Squad are also looking at television comedy, but with a slightly skewed difference. Last week, we took a look at the Saturday Night Live cast members from 1996 to 2006 that made it to the big time. This week, we get a bit more serious.
There are those in the industry who say that it is easier to go from acting in a drama to acting in a comedy than it is the other way around. Yet, as you will see from the list we've compiled after the jump, there are plenty of comedic actors who have jumped from the world of comedy films, stand-up comedy, and television sitcoms into the more serious world of drama. In many cases they have had even greater success than they did on the other side of the tracks. There have even been instances where they stayed in the drama genre and never went back to being funny.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Criminal Minds' Episode 10.19 Photos: Meet the FBI's International Unit
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.18 Photos: Elena Reevaluates Her Vampire Life
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.17 Photos: Sam and Cas Investigate the Mark of Cain
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.19 Photos: Everyone Observes a Big Surgery
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Psychic in the Soup'
- More From BuddyTV
- James Marsters Joins Jenji Kohan's HBO Drama Pilot The Devil You Know
- Killing Jesus Video: Kelsey Grammer's King Herod Meets His Maker
- New Girl Sneak Peek: Jess Makes Sweet Music With NFL Star JJ Watt
- John Noble Recalls His Time on Fringe, 24, Sleepy Hollow and More
- Heroes Reborn: Masi Oka to Return as Hiro! Plus, Premiere Date Scoop
- More From TVLine
- Drea de Matteo Loses Home in East Village Explosion
- How Real Is 'Get Hard?' Prison Coach Reveals How Actual White-Collar Criminals Prep for Jail
- Viola Davis on 'Suicide Squad' Role: 'I'm a Little Scared'
- Jennifer Lopez Caught Kissing Her Ex Casper Smart — Are They Back Together?
- Vanessa Hudgens, Beyonce & More with Must-Have Accessory Trends
- More From ET