There are many swears that have started to make their way on to television, and I don't mean just HBO and Showtime. I've heard "shit" and "asshole" sprinkled here and there.
But there's still one word that's a no-no, and that's the famous four letter word that begins with the letter "F." It's banned on network television, and I think even on cable you can only get away with it so many times during one show. In the movies there are limits to the number of times it is used and the context (exclamation or verb?).
After the jump are the top ten videos of the word being used on live television. This Digg post lists the Richard Simmons clip as number one, but that's not accurate because they're outtakes, not live segments. Still funny though!
As the White House staff shakeup continues a name has been mentioned as a replacement for outgoing Press Secretary Scott McClellan: FOX News Channel weekend anchor and political analyst Tony Snow.
Snow, who was previously a speech writer for the elder president Bush, is currently in negotiations with White House officials to take over the position. The New York Times is reporting that Snow is also waiting for a clean bill of health from his doctors (he had surgery for colon cancer in 2005) before he makes a final decision.
Snow is not the first personality to leave
politics then jump back in again. Back in the early 1970's Fred Dalton Thompson was an active lawyer during the
Watergate hearings. He then appeared in such television shows as Wiseguy, China Beach, and
Roseanne and the movies Die Hard 2 and The Hunt For Red October before returning to politics
as Senator of Tennessee from 1994 til 2003. He is currently playing Attorney General Arthur Branch on Law &
[via the New York Times]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 37 Most Talked-About Moments of 2013
- 'Arrow' Interview: EPs on Barry's Profound Effect on Oliver, How Malcolm's Return Affects Thea, Roy's Dark Path and Much More
- Exclusive Interview: Tim Gunn Talks 'Project Runway,' Favorite Guest Judge and More
- 'The X Factor' Predictions: Who Will Go Home from the Final 4?
- 'The X Factor' Season 3: Top 4 Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Game of Thrones' Golden Globes snub: Season 3 deserved nominations
- 'Psych': Celebrate the musical with the best GIFs of Shawn and Gus
- 'The Sing-Off': Meet the impressive high schoolers of Vocal Rush
- 'Survivor's' Katie Collins: 'It was worth the risk' to draw rocks at Tribal Council
- The CW midseason schedule: 'Star-Crossed,''The 100' and the end of Amell Wednesdays
- More From Zap2it
- Pilot News: Showtime Excommunicates Kyle Chandler's The Vatican
- The CW's Midseason Plan: Star-Crossed Monday, Beast's Spring Break, New Slots for Three Shows
- Ratings: Modern Family Rises, Sing-Off Drops
- Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany Talks 'Shocking' Golden Globe Nomination, Previews Season 2
- Golden Globe Nods: My Snappy Judgments
- More From TVLine