It all started when Roker mentioned Ann Curry had been talking about Gosling's 'Dirty Dancing' moves in the new film 'Crazy, Stupid, Love.' This prompted Gosling to suggest he try them out with Roker, who then took a couple of running starts at Gosling, who unsuccessfully tried to lift him into the air.
The long wait to see who'll be crowned 'DWTS' is nearly at an end. But don't hold your breath waiting for finalist Jennifer Grey to recreate her famous 'Dirty Dancing' lift sequence.
The "air lift" move she performed with co-star Patrick Swayze has become one of the most iconic scenes in 'Dirty Dancing,' and fans have been on the edge of their seats hoping that Grey and partner Derek Hough would pull it out of the bag in the finals.
However, in an interview with People, Grey said "I won't be doing the lift in the finals ... Everyone should not expect that."
Even if she did consider it briefly, doctors told her that doing it could seriously injure her neck and back. Grey underwent the first of three neck surgeries only a year ago, and has been plagued by injuries all season.
Look at this beautiful image from the movie. That's Johnny and Baby in the lake, practicing jumps for their big dance number. Doesn't it just scream "CHRISTMAS" to you?
- Cinematical is trying to figure out what the greatest superhero movie of all time is. They're on round 6, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is still in the competition. Perhaps you should go over and vote.
- Just in time for the Inglourious Basterds Premiere, Cinematical Seven takes a look at Tarantino's greatest hits.
- Speaking of Inglourious Basterds, is the movie as bad as the spelling, or does it belong on the list above? Check out the review here.
- The internet was all atwitter yesterday with the release of the Avatar trailer. Cinematical asks if it ruined all the buzz.
- A Dirty Dancing remake? No thank you.
- Do you think reality television is ruining documentaries? Join the discussion over at Cinematical.
- Yesterday was Mother's Day, everybody! Did you do something nice for the special mama in your life? Did you make her coffee? Moms like it when people make them coffee, and breakfast, of course, but if you can't at least make them coffee, then what good are you? Anyway, in honor of this, the holiest of all holidays, Cinematical Seven takes a look at the Most Awesomest Movie Moms.
- Apparently, some people boycott films because of political leanings and such. I am currently boycotting all of them (by which I mean that I have a baby and am never allowed to leave the house).
- Did you know that both Ishtar and Dirty Dancing came out in the summer of '87? Take a trip down memory lane over at Cinematical.
This week, we get a two-fer of Robin fun: we get some exploration into the Robin-Ted relationship and we get to meet her little sister Katie (who I swear to God looks like a smaller version of Robin). Boy, Robin's parents were busy, weren't they? Robin and Katie must be at least ten years apart in age. Whether there were kids in between them or not, let's just say that the romance hasn't gone out of the elder Scherbatskys' marriage.
Kate Moss has just been through a heck of a time. She was caught by British tabloids doing cocaine, lost half her modeling contracts, dumped her druggie boyfriend, and ran off to rehab in the United States. Maybe that's where she and Jack have a connection. He also did a stint in rehab for a drug and alcohol addiction. Jack, by the way, is 20 years old. Kate is 32.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 15 Most Brutal Deaths of Season 6
- 17 Most Anticipated TV Shows Returning in 2014 (And How to Catch Up Before the Premiere)
- Best 'NCIS' Quotes from 'Devi's Triad'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6 Finale: 27 Happy and Tragic Moments from 'A Mother's Work'
- 'Arrow' Season 2 Spoilers: Barry's Fanboy Moment, Sparks for Felicity and Possibly More Super Heroes to Come
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Haven' Season 4 finale spoilers: 5 things to know about 'Lighthouse'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' episode 11 promo: Coulson's Tahiti is not a magical place
- 'Arrow': Why you have to watch the fall finale, plus fun with Emily Bett Rickards
- 'Nashville' spoilers: Who dies in 'Tomorrow Never Comes?'
- 'Parks and Recreation' 100th episode: [SPOILER] returns to Pawnee
- More From Zap2it
- 13 Musicals We'd Like to See Performed Live on TV (and Who We'd Cast as the Leads)
- Once Upon a Time EPs Tease Midseason Finale's 'Devastating' Twist, 'Compelling' Spring Story Arc
- TVLine Items: Nick Jonas Returns to Hawaii, BIO Channel Replaced, Bridge Promotions and More
- Exclusive: Arrow Casts Prison Break Baddie Robert Knepper as DC Villain [Spoiler]
- Showtime's Episodes Renewed for Season 4
- More From TVLine