While many skeptics are planning to mark the day by partying like there's no tomorrow, Reuters reports that the Family Radio President plans to watch the apocalypse unfold on TV.
Camping said that he's sure events will be sparked by a massive earthquake on May 21 -- "We know without any shadow of a doubt it is going to happen," he said.
Camping added that, "I'll probably try to be very near a TV or a radio ... I'll be interested in what's happening on the other side of the world as this begins."
Obviously, the creators of Smallville wanted to create an unseen twist to the myth while at the same time giving a giant middle finger to the comic book geeks who are concerned that the show isn't following established continuity.
I'll give them points on the twist of having the elder Henry James Olsen not be the same James Bartholomew Olsen that later joins the Daily Planet (was the bowtie on the younger enough of a hint?). As much as I hate to admit this, it makes more sense for that because in the comics it is pretty well established that Clark and Jimmy have a far greater age difference than Clark and Henry James.
Of course, I wouldn't mind seeing Chloe go. I don't hate the character, but it seems like she's caused nothing but problems for Clark this season. It looks like the latest preview clip for this week's season ender, "Doomsday" agrees with me.
I had hoped that some progress was being made in the beginning when Clark's half-eaten carcass was hanging in the Talon basement, but that ended up being a (COP OUT!) dream. I did note the red "S" symbol drawn on his chest as it was on the pilot episode of the series.
The episode started very retro with glimpses from the pilot. It was good to see Martha, Jonathan and Lionel again as a reminder of how things were.
Reason #2: Because it might star Marina Sirtis (Star Trek: TNG's Counselor Troi) and Luke Goss (the pastey prince from Hellboy II).
Reason #3: Because TV could use more evil mohawk-sporting, Fine Young Cannibal-rockin' punks and medieval mad scientists.
Am I wrong?
Only someone from Smallville would find it romantic to get married in the Kent barn. It did probably help save on the cost, though.
Actually, Smallville has never shied away from
This episode contained a lot of retro-Smallville. From the little things, such as photos of Martha Kent and Lionel Luthor and a mention of Lana, to the big things such as complete reenactments of scenes from various past episodes (and scenes from Chloe and Clark's childhood). But that's what you get when Chloe is losing her memory in an episode that seems like a cross between The Matrix and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
In one of the rowdiest panels of the Con, the stars and writers of the CW's Smallville took to the stage on the last day of the convention. Moderated by Joseph Loeb, the panel featured Allison Mack (Chloe), Justin Hartley (Green Arrow), new stars Sam Witwer (Doomsday), Cassiday Freeman (Tess), and showrunners Kelly Souders, Brian Peterson, Todd Slavkin and Darren Swimmer. It was a panel full of spoilers, fan appreciation, and a good amount of name plaque requests.
Some of what is upcoming during season 8 can be found after the jump.
Gossip columnist Michael Ausiello reports on his website that the show finally cast both roles. Battlestar Galactica's Sam Witwer was cast as a reviewed/revamped version of Doomsday while newcomer Cassidy Freeman will play Tess.
Slight spoilers about both roles coming up!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 16 Amazing Christmas Episodes You Can Watch Right Now
- Why Everyone Needs to Watch HBO's 'The Wire'
- 'Bachelor' Star Chris Soules and Other Stars from the Franchise to Grace Rose Parade
- 'Kardashians' Star Khloe Kardashian Denies She Kicked Out Her Brother Rob Out of Her House
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Does Phaedra Fall for Apollo's Stunt?
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: George Clooney's Full Downton Spoof, Gabba Guests & More
- Mike Colter to Play Marvel Hero Luke Cage in Netflix's Jessica Jones Series
- Sleepy Hollow Photos: Ichabod's Date, Michelle Trachtenberg's Arrival & More
- Ratings: The Sound of Music Dips, Sunday Night Football Drops
- Pretty Little Liars Sneak Peek: Is This Emily and Paige's Last Goodbye?
- More From TVLine
- Star Shots: What's On Instagram?
- Jill (Duggar) Dillard Celebrates 6-Month Anniversary with Wedding Kiss Pics
- Amy Adams Loses It During 'Love Actually' Parody on 'SNL'
- 13 of the Best Christmas Movie Lines All Together!
- How Robin Williams Helped His ‘Night at the Museum' Costar Get a Prom Date
- More From ET