July 31, 2015
by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 17th 2009 10:12AM
Before The Simpsons begat Futurama, current executive producer of The Simspons Al Jean, along with Mike Reiss, created a short-lived animated series about a film critic who hated almost every film he ever saw.
Starring Jon Lovitz in some brilliant voice work, The Critic ran through two networks in two seasons. Like Futurama and Family Guy, it found some success with reruns on cable -- in this case, Comedy Central -- and a subsequent DVD release. But unlike those series, The Critic remains but a distant memory.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Where Are They Now?: A Relationship Status Update
- 'Bachelorette' Runner-Up Nick Viall: ' I Think Shawn Really Enjoys My Misfortune'
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: The House Flips and New Targets Emerge
- 'Big Brother 17' Week 5: Vanessa's 2nd HoH Photos
- 'Graceland' Recap: Mike's Addiction Worsens
- More From BuddyTV
- Did True Detective Evoke Alias? Can GH's Luke Stay Gone? Is Hannibal Doc Dead? Risky Robot? And More TV Qs
- Friday Night Lights' Kyle Chandler Resurrects Coach Taylor on the Big Screen — Watch LOL Video
- Antonio Banderas to Star in Starz Detective Drama Havana Quartet
- Black Sails Renewed for Season 4
- Doctor Who Boss on Maisie Williams' Character: 'She's Not Playing [Spoiler]'
- More From TVLine
- Why Gigi Hadid Is Glad to Work in the Age of Twitter and Instagram
- FLASHBACK: An 18-Year-Old Ashlee Simpson Teases Jessica Simpson About Motherhood
- The Internet Is Not Impressed With Meek Mill's Drake Diss Track
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch Raven-Symoné and Zendaya Team Up in New 'K.C. Undercover' Special!
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Spends His 68th Birthday With Maria Shriver
- More From ET