Dr. Phil McGraw
With more than half of them ending in divorce still in this country, there must be something fundamentally wrong in our thinking when we decide we're ready to get married.
Dr. Phil said Williams looked pretty healthy, and Williams agreed that he was. "There were a lot of things I lied about," said Williams. "I owe you some amends, first of all. I lied about my sobriety, and I told people that you had exploited me." Williams explained he had acted to increase his fame and attract more lucrative deals.
"I don't believe that Caylee drowned," George said. "I just don't believe that. I believe there's something else that happened to her." He went on to say he thinks it's possible that Casey, or someone with her, gave Caylee too much of some substance that caused her to fall asleep and never wake up.
Dr. Phil pressed him for what Caylee might have been given "too much" of. "Possibly some kind of drug or something like that. I mean, there's been speculation about Xanax or whatever it might be," he replied.
Defending her daughter, Cindy said Casey "was an awesome mother." Dr. Phil McGraw disagreed. "Other than the fact that she wasn't providing for her daughter," he said, "she was manufacturing friends, playmates, playdates, nannies, all of those sort of things, which to me, is highly unstable behavior."
Cindy pointed to Casey's seizure in November of 2007 as a possible cause. In answer to Dr. Phil's question, Cindy said that her daughter had been medically evaluated but the tests had turned up nothing. "They kept her in the hospital for three days and worked her up and didn't find anything," she said.
Regarding a big surprise that his wife got him at is party, McGraw said, "I have seldom been speechless. I have seldom been shocked." But ever the pitchman, he wouldn't give Kimmel any clues, instead insisting that he and the audience would have to wait until his own show on Friday to find out what it is.
According to insiders, the Harpo team had meetings with distributor in Chicago last month. A medical talker with Doc Oz, which I bet will be called Ask Dr. Oz -- the name of his successful segments on Oprah's show -- would follow in the footsteps of Dr. Phil. Remember, Dr. Phil McGraw began his life as a talker by appearing on Oprah in infrequent hours that were a de facto pilot for his own talk show. Dr. Phil then launched in 2002, as a Harpo production, and has been a big time hit. He's even challenged Oprah in some markets.
It looks like television's Dr. Phil is making the fate of the Spears family his personal crusade. Last month he was letting reporters know that Lynne Spears, mother to Britney and the 16-year-old, newly pregnant Jamie Lynn Spears, was a great mother and doing all she could during this time of woe for the family. On Saturday he upped the ante by visiting Britney at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where Spears was admitted after a three-hour standoff with her ex-husband concerning custody of their children.
Dr. Phil visited Britney just as she was packing to leave the hospital and spoke with her for about an hour. In an exclusive statement to Entertainment Tonight he said that the meeting left him convinced "more than ever that she is in dire need of both medical and psychological intervention." He added that he was very concerned for her. It's being reported that Phil will be recording an episode of his syndicated show this week that will focus on Britney and what he thinks needs to be done to put her back on the right track.
Danny and his wife Gretchen will be on Dr. Phil today as part of The Bald One's examination of "Out-of-Control Husbands." The funny thing is, right now Bonaduce is sober and, according to Gretchen, is becoming a model citizen. But she doesn't know how long this will last. So I guess it's up to Dr. Phil to yell some sense into both of them. Here's the thing, though: most people take Phil's orders and just sit there and sob. But we know Danny's a feisty one. Don't know why they think Dr. Phil will solve their problems, but at least it'll be fun to watch.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 12: Top 16 Performance Rankings
- 'Teen Wolf': 17 Unfortunate Moments from 'Strange Frequencies'
- 'Arrow' Season 4 Interview: John Barrowman on Malcolm's New Take on the League of Assassins
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: The Pack Executes a Dreadful Plan While Kira Tries to Save Herself
- 'The Whispers' Recap: The Race to Kill Drill is On
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: Sneaky Pete Trailer, Jimmy Kimmel in NYC and More
- Legends of Tomorrow Casts Season 1 Big Bad Vandal Savage
- New Haven Promo Narrows Down the Season 5 Return Date
- Grey's Anatomy Killing McDreamy Was a 'Difficult Decision,' Says ABC Boss
- Community Cancelled: Joel McHale Confirms No Season 7
- More From TVLine
- FLASHBACK: On the Set of ‘Coyote Ugly' With Maria Bello and Piper Perabo
- EXCLUSIVE: Brooke Hogan Defends Her Dad Hulk Hogan's Racist Rant: It's 'Not Who He Really Is'
- Deadly Shooting Breaks Out at Drake's OVO After-Party in Toronto
- Taylor Swift Granted These 70-Year-Olds' Wish to Dance Onstage to 'Shake It Off'
- Kim Richards Charged With Petty Theft: Inside Her Target Shoplifting Arrest
- More From ET