With more than half of them ending in divorce still in this country, there must be something fundamentally wrong in our thinking when we decide we're ready to get married.
Dr. Phil said Williams looked pretty healthy, and Williams agreed that he was. "There were a lot of things I lied about," said Williams. "I owe you some amends, first of all. I lied about my sobriety, and I told people that you had exploited me." Williams explained he had acted to increase his fame and attract more lucrative deals.
"I don't believe that Caylee drowned," George said. "I just don't believe that. I believe there's something else that happened to her." He went on to say he thinks it's possible that Casey, or someone with her, gave Caylee too much of some substance that caused her to fall asleep and never wake up.
Dr. Phil pressed him for what Caylee might have been given "too much" of. "Possibly some kind of drug or something like that. I mean, there's been speculation about Xanax or whatever it might be," he replied.
Defending her daughter, Cindy said Casey "was an awesome mother." Dr. Phil McGraw disagreed. "Other than the fact that she wasn't providing for her daughter," he said, "she was manufacturing friends, playmates, playdates, nannies, all of those sort of things, which to me, is highly unstable behavior."
Cindy pointed to Casey's seizure in November of 2007 as a possible cause. In answer to Dr. Phil's question, Cindy said that her daughter had been medically evaluated but the tests had turned up nothing. "They kept her in the hospital for three days and worked her up and didn't find anything," she said.
According to insiders, the Harpo team had meetings with distributor in Chicago last month. A medical talker with Doc Oz, which I bet will be called Ask Dr. Oz -- the name of his successful segments on Oprah's show -- would follow in the footsteps of Dr. Phil. Remember, Dr. Phil McGraw began his life as a talker by appearing on Oprah in infrequent hours that were a de facto pilot for his own talk show. Dr. Phil then launched in 2002, as a Harpo production, and has been a big time hit. He's even challenged Oprah in some markets.
It looks like television's Dr. Phil is making the fate of the Spears family his personal crusade. Last month he was letting reporters know that Lynne Spears, mother to Britney and the 16-year-old, newly pregnant Jamie Lynn Spears, was a great mother and doing all she could during this time of woe for the family. On Saturday he upped the ante by visiting Britney at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where Spears was admitted after a three-hour standoff with her ex-husband concerning custody of their children.
Dr. Phil visited Britney just as she was packing to leave the hospital and spoke with her for about an hour. In an exclusive statement to Entertainment Tonight he said that the meeting left him convinced "more than ever that she is in dire need of both medical and psychological intervention." He added that he was very concerned for her. It's being reported that Phil will be recording an episode of his syndicated show this week that will focus on Britney and what he thinks needs to be done to put her back on the right track.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.18 Photos: Charlie Finds the Book of the Dead
- The 11 Best Moments from 'Comedy Central's Roast of Justin Bieber'
- 'The Following': 15 Creepy Moments from 'Reunion'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 20: Latin Night Performance Rankings
- Best 'Castle' Quotes from 'Habeas Corpse'
- More From BuddyTV
- American Idol: Advice, Caveats and Dream Set Lists for the Season 14 Top 9
- Comedy Central Backs Daily Show Successor Trevor Noah in Twitter Flap
- TVLine Items: Marvel's Luke Cage Gets Boss, Devious New Night and More
- CBS, General Hospital Lead Daytime Emmy Nominations
- The Americans Renewed for Season 4
- More From TVLine
- Comedy Central Defends New 'Daily Show' Host Trevor Noah: Don't Judge Him By His Tweets
- Michelle Williams on Girl Talk With Beyonce and Kelly, and Which Pop Reunion She Wants to See
- There Was a 'One Tree Hill' Reunion But the Best Characters Weren't Even There
- Disney Making A Live Action 'Mulan:' But Here Are 6 Disney Classics We Don't Want To See Live Action
- EXCLUSIVE: Zayn Malik's So-Called Solo Track Is Actually an Old One Direction Demo
- More From ET