On a personal note, this was the end of an era for me, because it was Tennant who pulled me back into Doctor Who a couple of seasons ago. I had heard the new series was great, but didn't manage to catch Christopher Eccleston's incarnation. I have since gone back and watched his series, but I may not have had Tennant not been such a fantastic fit for the role (Brad also explained this in out Best TV of the '00s feature).
Here's the BBC press release, but it contains a spoiler if you don't know what happens to Freema's first character, Adeola. And here's a gallery with a couple more pictures of David Tennant and Freema.
I know, it's tough. You've been wanting to watch Doctor Who for a long time now, but you figure it's pointless to try and get into a show that's been on for as long as this one has. Or maybe you're like me and just never cared about Doctor Who in the first place because you got into other shows like Carpenter What and Janitor How. Or maybe you just like to make up really lame jokes that play on the name "Doctor Who." That's not important, though. What is important is that the BBC has a Flash site where you can poke around and learn about the series, different episodes, characters, and other things to get you up to speed. There's a long history, but if you're interested in the show, it's worth checking out.
[via The Cartoonist]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Colbert Report's Final Episode: Murder, Santa Claus and So. Many. Celebrities.
- Post Mortem: Covert Affairs EPs on Annie's Big Choices, Auggie's News — Plus: Will There Be a Season 6?
- Post Mortem: White Collar Boss on Neal's Last Con, Alternate Ending
- Parenthood Creator Jason Katims Confirms Series Finale Airdate, Title
- Vampire Diaries: Ian Somerhalder to Direct Season 6 Episode
- More From TVLine
- Kate Upton Named People's Sexiest Woman Alive
- Sony Hacking Scandal: Did Hollywood Cave In?
- Craig Ferguson Passes 'The Late Late Show' Torch to James Corden
- Gloria Estefan Dreams of Performing in a Free Cuba, Can She Go Home?
- 'American Horror Story': Neil Patrick Harris Arrives at the Freak Show
- More From ET