On a personal note, this was the end of an era for me, because it was Tennant who pulled me back into Doctor Who a couple of seasons ago. I had heard the new series was great, but didn't manage to catch Christopher Eccleston's incarnation. I have since gone back and watched his series, but I may not have had Tennant not been such a fantastic fit for the role (Brad also explained this in out Best TV of the '00s feature).
Here's the BBC press release, but it contains a spoiler if you don't know what happens to Freema's first character, Adeola. And here's a gallery with a couple more pictures of David Tennant and Freema.
I know, it's tough. You've been wanting to watch Doctor Who for a long time now, but you figure it's pointless to try and get into a show that's been on for as long as this one has. Or maybe you're like me and just never cared about Doctor Who in the first place because you got into other shows like Carpenter What and Janitor How. Or maybe you just like to make up really lame jokes that play on the name "Doctor Who." That's not important, though. What is important is that the BBC has a Flash site where you can poke around and learn about the series, different episodes, characters, and other things to get you up to speed. There's a long history, but if you're interested in the show, it's worth checking out.
[via The Cartoonist]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Seth Meyers Hosting 2014 Emmy Awards
- Did ABC's Black Box Get Inside Your Head?
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Before and Aftershocks — Plus Your First Look at Burke's Return
- CBS' Bad Teacher: Did It Pass or Fail?
- American Idol Top 6 Results Recap: Maybe I Didn't Vote for You, Quite as Often as I Should Have
- More From TVLine
- Aaron Carter Opens Up About Addiction Struggle
- Justin Bieber Released from Customs (VIDEO)
- Hang Ten with Hollywood's Best Surf Films
- Tori Spelling Acknowledges Her Cheating Past on 'True Tori'
- Bryan Singer Calls Underage Sex Abuse Allegations 'Vicious,' Pulls Out of 'X-Men' Promo Events
- More From ET