Children's television is the ultimate pacifier. Where else in the world can a terrible, horrific monster that destroys both life and property with nary a whiff of sympathy be turned into a soft, cuddly character who has his own line of soft, cuddly dolls being sold at the local Wal-Mart? It's only later in life, after they've adjusted to these de-fanged monsters, do they realize that their beliefs were so wrong. Aaaannnddd, that's where the therapy comes in.
But, we're not here to talk about the emotional problems that are paralyzing you today. We're here to talk about those vampires, ghosts and mummies that were stripped down and made to be funny, clumsy and even musically oriented. After the jump you'll see a few examples of what I mean. Don't worry, they won't scare you...they've been homogenized for your nightmare-free pleasure.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Criminal Minds' Shemar Moore drinks wine, flirts on Twitter
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 5 reasons why you should still be watching
- 'The Voice': Matthew Schuler on Christina Aguilera's parting words, meeting Kelly Clarkson
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Jimmy Smits talks Nero's perogative going into the Season 6 finale
- 'The Tomorrow People's' Luke Mitchell never wanted to be an actor
- More From Zap2it
- Once Upon a Time Exclusive: Find Out Who Will Let Down Her Hair as Rapunzel
- TVLine Items: Veronica Mars Movie Launch Date, Shield Vet Joins Fox's Gang Related and More!
- Exclusive: The Originals Conjures Up Witchy Role For Stargate Actress Elyse Levesque
- Exclusive Nashville Video: Juliette-Layla Battle Rages, Classic Hayden Panettiere Snark Follows
- Ratings: Voice, Dads and Fire Rise, The Originals and Supernatural Enter Break on a High Note
- More From TVLine