Children's television is the ultimate pacifier. Where else in the world can a terrible, horrific monster that destroys both life and property with nary a whiff of sympathy be turned into a soft, cuddly character who has his own line of soft, cuddly dolls being sold at the local Wal-Mart? It's only later in life, after they've adjusted to these de-fanged monsters, do they realize that their beliefs were so wrong. Aaaannnddd, that's where the therapy comes in.
But, we're not here to talk about the emotional problems that are paralyzing you today. We're here to talk about those vampires, ghosts and mummies that were stripped down and made to be funny, clumsy and even musically oriented. After the jump you'll see a few examples of what I mean. Don't worry, they won't scare you...they've been homogenized for your nightmare-free pleasure.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Episode 5.20 Photos: Hanna Enters a Beauty Pageant
- Best 'Pretty Little Liars' Quotes from 'The Bin of Skin'
- Best 'Flash' Quotes from 'The Sound and the Fury'
- 'Scandal' Interview: Scott Foley Teases What's Next After Olivia's Abduction
- [Video] 'Vampire Diaries' Sneak Peek: Will Liv and Luke Have to Merge?
- More From BuddyTV
- Netflix's Wet Hot American Summer Adds Jon Hamm, Chris Pine & More
- The Good Wife Brings Back Gary Cole for Springtime Story Arc
- Scandal: Shonda Rhimes Teases MIA Olivia's New Direction, Stands By Fitz
- Jane the Virgin Casts Rita Moreno as Rogelio's Glam Mother
- Salem Season 2 Gets Premiere Date — Plus: See an Intense First Look Photo
- More From TVLine
- 6 Male Stars Who Lost a Shocking Amount of Weight
- A Stylish Amal Clooney Goes Back to Work, Rebuffs Fashion Question
- Nick Jonas Gets Candid About His Decision to Lose His Virginity
- GoDaddy Pulls Puppy Super Bowl Ad Following Backlash
- Chrissy Teigen Is Naked and Covered in Milk – But It's Not What You Think
- More From ET