Harris will not return as the show's co-host when the ABC series returns on March 22. After eight years interviewing the celebs and pro dancers alongside Tom Bergeron, Harris is moving on to concentrate on other gigs.
Producers haven't announced details about replacing Harris, but we've come up with our own list (in alphabetical order) of a few candidates who make sense, and maybe one or two who kind of don't:
After the jump, I will go over some of the highlights from the auditions. I use the word "highlights" loosely here. Bruno, Carrie Ann and host Drew Lachey combed three cities in search of performers for the live shows: New York City, Los Angeles, and Nashville. I'll also review the first performance from the lucky fourteen finalists.
They went right to the recap after that. Mark was really happy to be called the little engine that could. Floyd talked about his new experience, calling ballroom dancing better than hip-hop. Mel took the truck driver comment in good stride, asking for the truck driver vote. Jane was left trying to defend the lift again. Jenny ignored that lift nonsense and said she looks forward to continuing to improve. Cameron was excited about his three nines. As you would expect, Sabrina was thrilled to have the first perfect score of the competition.
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- Am I the only one who thinks the Spice Girls can take care of themselves?
- We lost both Drew and Wayne last night on Dancing with the Stars.
- The Pitts, a horribly unsuccessful sitcom from 2003, is being reincarnated as a cartoon.
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- Victoria Beckham doesn't want to act. But she will, however, guest star on Ugly Betty this season.
- Spice Girl Mel B. will get "poshified" (I'm sooo coining that word) on Dancing with the Stars.
- It's so on! Drew Lachey's new job is hosting the super-cheesy Dance War!
When it came time to pick the encore, Len credited Ian, Apolo, and Heather as having great performances the night before, but the encore went to Joey & Kym. It was a good choice. They were the best of the night, and their paso doble was just as good the second time around. They were followed up by the first musical performance of the night.
Why would anyone want to see this live? Absent-mindedly watching this on a Tuesday night is one thing... but actually paying cash to see mediocre dancers? American Idol does the same thing-- it sends mediocre singers on an American tour each year. I think the difference is the demogaphics.
Would you pay to watch Dancing with the Stars if they visited your town?
Our dear, dear friends over at AOL Television have an exclusive interview with Cheryl Burke. You're probably scratching your heads at this point, wondering who the heck Cheryl Burke is. Well, you may not know her by name, but you certainly know her by her moves, especially if you are fan of ABC's Dancing With the Stars. Over the last two seasons Cheryl has shimmied across the dance floor with celebrity performers. Last year she was paired with Drew Lachey and this time around she is partnered with Emmitt Smith.
In the interview, Cheryl breaks the news of an upcoming Dancing tour. While there is nothing confirmed as of yet, Burke says there will be at least six celebrities and their professional dance partners on tour. Additional dancers will be hired to fill spots in the two-hour show where the celebrities are not performing. On the subject of celebrity partners, Cheryl says she has had great luck with the people she has been paired with and let's us know what the differences are between Lachey and Smith (While Emmitt has more rhythm, dancing came easier to Drew, who had a musical background).
Also discussed during the interview is the recent flare-up between former Dancing contestant Shanna Moakler and Paris Hilton. For the unaware (or the uncaring), Hilton alleges Moakler attacked her at a L.A. nightclub after she found Paris with her estranged husband, Travis Barker of the band Blink 182. Burke says it wasn't true. In reality it was Stavros Niarchos, Hilton's ex, who pushed Moakler down some stairs and threatened to hit her. Got all of that? There will be a quiz later.
The full interview with Cheryl can be found at this link.
The pageant airs April 21 on NBC.
Pro wrestler Stacy Keibler was eliminated halfway through the show, bringing it down to Drew and Jerry Rice.
What do you think? Is Drew the rightful winner?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Justin Bieber Roast: Ron Burgundy, Monkey Lovin' and 13 Other Highlights
- Castle Hints More at Beckett's Future — Plus: Watch RySpo 'Get Lucky'
- Dancing With the Stars Week 3 Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home?
- The Voice Recap: TKO and Sympathy
- Arrow/Flash Spinoff Taps Doctor Who Alum as Time Traveler Rip Hunter
- More From TVLine
- Kate Holmes on Angelina Jolie's Kids' Choice Awards Speech: She's an Inspiration
- 3 Stars Who Totally Owned the Justin Bieber Roast
- Star Sightings March 2015
- FLASHBACK: ‘Tommy Boy' Turns 20! Behind the Scenes With Chris Farley and David Spade
- Zayn Malik's First Solo Song Is Out (and Some One Direction Fans Aren't Happy)
- More From ET