April 17, 2014
by Annie Wu, posted Feb 17th 2006 9:32AM
Jon Stewart started off by stating, "Everyone is welcome here at The Daily Show except... Belgians. I hate them so much". The audience was laughing it up, while I tried to dig through my head for any Belgian current events that he might be mocking. In the end, I came to two possible conclusions: It was yet another pre-show warm-up reference for the audience to enjoy (Belgian visitors, I guess), or Jon really does hate Belgians. The former seems more logical, but the latter is a lot funnier to imagine... I will go with the latter. Jon also remarked on the funky weather that New York has been having (about 60 degrees one day, 20 degrees the next). "I believe that God... hates us," he said. "I feel like He's hazing us".
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- American Idol Top 7 Performance Recap: Filler Queen [Updated]
- Arrow's Truths Come Out — Were You Surprised?
- S.H.I.E.L.D. First Look: Cobie Smulders' Agent Hill Finds an Ally, Amy Acker Guest-Stars
- Exclusive Community Season Finale Sneak Peek: Are Jeff and Britta Finally Saying 'I Do'?
- Exclusive: Banshee Promotes 2 to Series Regular
- More From TVLine
- 'Real Housewives Of Atlanta' Star Porsha Williams Charged With Battery After Fight with Kenya Moore
- 'Heaven is For Real': The Boy the Book is Based on Details Near Death Experience
- After Long Separation, Will Arnett Files For Divorce From Amy Poehler
- FIRST LOOK: ET's 'Dream It … Do It' Helps Stars Take On Their Bucket Lists
- How Tori Spelling Found Out About Husband's Cheating
- More From ET