April 23, 2014
by Annie Wu, posted Feb 17th 2006 9:32AM
Jon Stewart started off by stating, "Everyone is welcome here at The Daily Show except... Belgians. I hate them so much". The audience was laughing it up, while I tried to dig through my head for any Belgian current events that he might be mocking. In the end, I came to two possible conclusions: It was yet another pre-show warm-up reference for the audience to enjoy (Belgian visitors, I guess), or Jon really does hate Belgians. The former seems more logical, but the latter is a lot funnier to imagine... I will go with the latter. Jon also remarked on the funky weather that New York has been having (about 60 degrees one day, 20 degrees the next). "I believe that God... hates us," he said. "I feel like He's hazing us".
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- American Idol Exclusive: Top 6 Song Spoilers!
- Did You Fall For MTV's Faking It?
- The Voice Top 12 Results Recap: Did the Right Contestants Get Cut This Week? [Updated]
- Glee Recap: 'Tonight, You Are a Star'
- NBC's Crossbones Sets Sail With First Trailer: See John Malkovich as Blackbeard
- More From TVLine
- Has Nicki Ever Been 'The Other Woman'? Lance Bass Gets the Dirt
- 5 Seconds of Summer Remember Their Big Break
- Is Tori Spelling Sharing Too Much About Husband's Cheating?
- Stephen Colbert Tells David Letterman His Plan for 'Late Show'
- Minaj on 'Housewives' Fight: 'Someone Would of Got Knocked Upside the Head'
- More From ET