Mizzy had written songs that the likes of Dean Martin and Doris Day recorded, even the great Billie Holiday. But those TV themes are his legacy. That's not a bad thing. Mizzy made music that people remember because they were catchy themes attached to quirky series. And his songs were perfect because in 90 seconds or so, he captured the gist of the sitcom. Think about it:
Richard Bare spent most of his directing career helming the productions of every single episode of Green Acres. You'd think after all that time spent directing what some consider to be the dumbest sitcom ever he'd never want anything to do with the show ever again. WRONG!
Bare recently bought the rights to remake the series from the widow of creator Jay Sommers. According to Bare, now is the perfect time for a remake of GA to hit the airwaves.
Albert was the son of actor Eddie Albert (Green Acres), and a veteran actor in his own right. Besides starring in movies like Butterflies Are Free, Guarding Tess, Death Cruise, and The Greek Tycoon, Albert was a regular on the TV shows Dr. Quinn, Port Charles, and Power Rangers Time Force, as well as guest starring on everything from Kung Fu and Ellery Queen to Nash Bridges and Profiler.
For the past several years he took care of his dad, who died in 2005.
Albert died last week in Malibu, CA of lung cancer.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- September 2014: Don't Miss These 15 TV Shows and Events
- 'Extant' Episode 10 Photos: It's a New World
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Episode 6 Photos: Brooks & Tasos Arrive to Mix Things Up
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'Rock the Wedding'
- Fall 2014 Calendar: 121 Premiere Dates
- More From BuddyTV
- Report: Amazon to Revive The Tick, Starring Patrick Warburton
- Hotel Hell Sneak Peek: 'Everybody Thinks You're a Horrible [Bleep]'
- New Girl Casts Once Upon a Time Prince as Jess' Not-So-Charming [Spoiler]
- Wil Wheaton Project Cancelled by Syfy
- SYTYCD Video: Top 4 Unveil How They'll Celebrate — If They Win
- More From TVLine