Mizzy had written songs that the likes of Dean Martin and Doris Day recorded, even the great Billie Holiday. But those TV themes are his legacy. That's not a bad thing. Mizzy made music that people remember because they were catchy themes attached to quirky series. And his songs were perfect because in 90 seconds or so, he captured the gist of the sitcom. Think about it:
Richard Bare spent most of his directing career helming the productions of every single episode of Green Acres. You'd think after all that time spent directing what some consider to be the dumbest sitcom ever he'd never want anything to do with the show ever again. WRONG!
Bare recently bought the rights to remake the series from the widow of creator Jay Sommers. According to Bare, now is the perfect time for a remake of GA to hit the airwaves.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Former Bunhead Emma Dumont Talks Coming of Age in NBC's Aquarius
- Ratings: Battle Creek Flat With Series Finale, NASCAR Dominates Night
- American Horror Story: Hotel's Latest Guest: New Girl's Max Greenfield
- Once's Merlin, Empire's Own Iggy, Arrow's Darhk Foe and 26 More Homes for Stars of Cancelled Shows
- GoT Recap: Royally Screwed
- More From TVLine
- Celebrity Authors Encourage Readers to Be Comfortable In Their Own Skin
- Author Paula Hawkins Takes a Dark Turn: Read an Excerpt From 'The Girl on the Train'
- Michael B. Jordan on Racist Reactions to 'Fantastic Four' Casting: 'This Is the World We Live In'
- Kylie Jenner Struggles with Opening Up to Family: 'I Go Through These Times Where I Hate My Life'
- 'Newsroom' Star Alison Pill Marries Joshua Leonard -- See the Pretty Pics!
- More From ET