I keep expecting this whole 'Eddie Murphy hosts the Oscars' thing to be a faulty meme, but now that the news is confirmed, I guess I'll have to come to grips with it. Okay -- done. After all, Murphy is one of the highest-grossing movie stars of all time, can be very very funny, and has proven he can still be funny without using swears ('Shrek'). He has been nominated for "The Statue." (And who can hold it against him if he left the theater shortly after he lost it to Alan Arkin?)
Truth is, the most shocking thing about this whole whirlwind of a story is that Brett Ratner is co-producing the Oscars. Has the Academy looked at his resume lately? What am I saying? These are the same people who thought James Franco and Anne Hathaway were the answer to their problems.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 23 Most Romantic 'Bones' Episodes of All Time
- 'Scandal' Recap: A Big Gay Republican White House Wedding
- 'Bones' Recap: Avalon Channels Sweets and Brennan Commits a Felony
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 9 Performance Rankings
- NBC Sets Summer 2015 Premiere Dates for 'Last Comic Standing,' 'Hollywood Game Night' and More
- More From BuddyTV
- Scandal Recap: The Marrying Man — Plus, 'Sweet Baby' Returns
- Vampire Diaries Pics: What Makes Elena 'Reevaluate Her Life' With Damon?
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Admissions Department
- Coach Revival Starring Craig T. Nelson Ordered to Series at NBC
- Grimm Star Claire Coffee Previews What to Expect Now That Adalind's Hexpecting (Again!)
- More From TVLine
- Molly Sims and Husband Scott Stuber Welcome Baby Girl!
- Princeton Review Apologizes for Misquoting Taylor Swift Lyric
- See Benedict Cumberbatch's Wife's Wedding Dress!
- How 'Scandal's' Kerry Washington Is Pushing Boundaries On and Off the Screen
- Selena Remembered 20 Years Later: Watch Previously Unseen Home Videos
- More From ET