Casting News: John Corbett Books Arc on 'Parenthood,' Brian Austin Green and Harold Perrineau Land TBS Pilot and More
According to Deadline, Corbett's character, Seth, will pay a visit to the Braverman clan while he's in town to play some shows with his band. Corbett's first appearance is scheduled to air in March.
'Sons of Anarchy' actor Darin Heames played Seth in the pilot.
In other casting news ...
• Meredith and Lexie Grey are about to get a new -- and very young -- mother figure. Former 'All My Children' star Alexa Havins will shake up 'Grey's Anatomy' in February as the much-younger love of Grey's father, Thatcher. [TV Guide]
• Brian Austin Green and Harold Perrineau will costar in a TBS comedy pilot together. 'The Wedding Band' will follow a group of guys who escape the stress of their lives by playing in a wedding band together. [The Hollywood Reporter]
• 'Bones' actor Joel David Moore is heading back to TV. The 'Avatar' actor will play the deputy director of a tsunami-tracking office on 'Hawaii Five-0.' [Movieline]
(S05E22) "Can I call you Mommy now?" - Wilbur
Well it took about a year and a half (thank you WGA strike), but Nip/Tuck's twenty-two episode fifth season has finally come to a close. As a finale, this episode delivered exactly what I was looking for: a few unanswered questions to leave us hanging as well as a few answers we've been waiting to have addressed since the first half of the season. Even better? There wasn't another one of those weird lip-syncing montages. One of those was enough.
(S05E17) "Christian, I don't like men. I like you." - Liz
Christian and Liz?!? Can anyone honestly say that they ever saw this coming? Of course, the opposites attract argument exists - "butch lesbian anesthesiologist" and "slightly mysoginistic sex-crazed plastic surgeon" are just about as far apart as you can get. But I suppose it only makes sense that the guy who uses woman before he trusts them starts to fall for the woman he in theory shouldn't be able to have because, Christian put it best, "she's a lesbian!"
Despite all the pitfalls that this relationship certainly has (Christian is not a one woman guy - especially when that woman plays for the other team), at least it's something different. Once again, the "Sean still loves Julia" plot reared it's annoying head. We get it already. The proponents of this awkward courtship will argue that we don't know who Sean is without Julia and that's why he's always carried the torch. But that's just it - I don't know who Sean is without Julia either and it doesn't seem like Ryan Murphy and Co. plan on telling us.
(S05E14) "I pretend to do the thing I actually do and suddenly I'm cool." - Sean
Going into this episode, I was really expecting it to be just be so-so. With the trend of so many other shows being cut short because of the WGA strike, I just assumed Nip/Tuck would fall victim as well. Not the case. Even if this season's full order of 22 episodes had been met, this installment was still clearly meant to be a mid-season finale. There's no way an ending like that gets a new episode the very next week. It worked here as the season ender and it worked well.
(S05E13) "Wait... you met your father?" - Matt
This is the way I remember Nip/Tuck. Hands down, best episode of the season right here. Controversial, all the main characters played a big role, and best of all? It was funny! The one thing that depressed me was the very end. Why? Because of that ridiculous "future" episode from last season, we know Julia can't die.
(S05E12) "There are seven signs of the apocalypse, right? Not two?" - Christian
One of the things that I've always enjoyed about Nip/Tuck is the way that Sean and Christian are constantly compared to each other. No matter how much they fight, no matter how much the writing may lead you to believe that they clash, no matter how much you juxtapose them in any number of varying scenarios, they always turn out looking far more similar than different. This episode was a prime example.
(S05E03) "Are you comparing the birth of your children to me shitting in a hot tub?" - Kate
I really don't know what Sean thinks he's doing. Sure, Kate seems nice. She's beautiful, smart, and funny too. But could you really find it in yourself to stay with someone who craps in a hot tub while you're trying to make out with them? It might sound shallow, but that definitely counts as a defining moment that should at least make you question the relationship. Kate has way too much emotional baggage and with the way Sean's life has gone, the last thing he needs is a crazy chick. Christian is right. Sean sure can pick 'em.
(S02E01) In honor of the season two premiere of Heroes, we've got a live chat scheduled to coincide with the show. Come on in and make your thoughts about the show be known in real-time.
Click here to join the chat.
Marcia Cross plays Bree on Desperate Housewives. At the age of 44, she became pregnant with twins. Cross was put on bed rest in January, which put a slight hitch in the giddy up for DH, but they powered through by filming in her own bedroom.
When her pregnancy was originally announced back in September, her due date was in April. Sometimes celebrities like to fudge their due dates to keep the paparazzi off their backs, but it seems as though Marcia's two girls are somewhat premature (not surprising when twins are involved!).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.5 Photos: Nina Dobrev Visits as Original Doppelganger and Elijah's Love
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.4 Photos: Nyssa al Ghul Returns
- 'Constantine' Official Cast Photos
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.4 Photos: Elijah Teams Up With Marcel
- Halloween Scarefest: Your Guide to Finding the Perfect Spooky TV and Movie Marathon
- More From BuddyTV
- Sons of Anarchy Recap: Eye for an Eye
- Pretty Little Liars Video: 'A' Spreads Holiday Fear in New Christmas Promo
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Post Mortem: Bobbi's Status, Skye's Origin, Fitz's Fate and More Burning Qs Answered
- The Voice Recap: It's Just a Noisy Hall, Where There's a Nightly Brawl
- The Flash Recap: The 'Chosen' One
- More From TVLine
- The 6 Most Insanely Uncomfortable Moments From The 'True Tori' Season 2 Premiere
- Kelly Clarkson Performs Awesome Cover Of Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me'
- 'Pretty Little Liars': 23 Shocking Secrets We Learned From Watching The Halloween Special!
- Steve Carell Reveals Jennifer Garner's Guilty Pleasure at 'Elle' Women in Hollywood Awards
- What Two Playboy Bunnies - Now Grandmas - Can Still Teach You About Being Sexy
- More From ET