For lack of a better word or description, last night's show was weird and anti-climatic. At first, I was really excited about the contestants doing modern hits from the last 6 years, but then...nothing happened. I kept waiting for that one really great performance that would put the show into overdrive, but it never came.
First off, the show was cut down to a hour last night since there are only 10 contestants left. This made everything feel very rushed. It felt less like a national hit show and more like a filler before House came on. Secondly, all the judges were in agreement last night, and yet they were still fighting. Always weird. Thirdly, lack of time translated into lack of Seacrest zingers. Seacrest zingers are always the cheesiest of zings, and yet, I miss them when they're gone. It's like getting a dollar every year in your birthday card from Grandma. A dollar doesn't get you much (heck, it doesn't get you anything), but that first year when it's not in there...it burns. Finally, I think Kevin might have been eliminated prematurely. I'm convinced that if given the chance, he would have performed Britney Spears' "Toxic" and it would have been the best thing to happen to American Idol since Bobby sung the praises of the Copacabana.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Problem with 'The Muppets' and How to Fix It
- [Videos] 'NCIS' Sneak Peek: What Happens When Vance Rides Along with Gibbs?
- 'NCIS' Episode 13.5 Photos: Abby Becomes a Hostage When She Leaves Her Lab
- 'Fargo' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Murder in a Small Town (Again)
- 'Castle' Recap: Beckett Gets Closer to the Truth
- More From BuddyTV
- Jennifer Lawrence Breaks Silence About Making Less Than Male Co-Stars in 'American Hustle'
- Star Sightings October 2015
- Nick Carter Says Backstreet Boys-Spice Girls Tour Could Happen With Support From Fans
- 'RHOC' Star Vicki Gunvalson Gets Candid About Split From Brooks Ayers
- Tom Bergeron Pays an Emotional Tribute to His Late Father on 'DWTS'
- More From ET