This show has flown under the radar, for the most part, but it's a really interesting look at the ancestry of various celebrities. With a Friday night time slot, hopefully it will get enough viewers to last a while. Are you watching?
Watch the video after the jump.
Watch the video after the jump.
Kudrow saw the long-running original show, which investigates the family history and genealogy of celebrities, when visiting Ireland, and decided to bring it to American audiences. The only question was, would she tell her own story on the show?
Professional athletes have done well on Dancing with the Stars. Kristi Yamaguchi, ice skating star; Apolo Anton Ohno, Olympic speed skater; Helio Castroneves, race-car driver. It's also true that pro football players have done very well. Former Dallas Cowboy great Emmitt Smith won in 2006, and Miami Dolphins' Jason Taylor came in second this year.
Therefore, it's not surprising to hear that the producer of DWTS are courting another grid iron great, but this one? Warren Sapp, a recently retired defensive tackle, says that he's been invited to Dancing With the Stars and he's thinks he's going to do it.
Warren says he's been asked, but I'll believe this when it's announced by ABC. I'm not saying he's lying, I just think something may have been lost in the translation.
The mission: get to Monday evening without finding out anything about the Super Bowl. Pretty mundane, huh? Seen it all before, right? But it was all still pretty damn funny, wasn't it?
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- Isaiah Washington fired his publicist and hired a team that specializes in publicity crisis.
- "The Emmitt Effect": Manly Emmitt Smith's participation on Dancing with the Stars is inspiring record numbers of men to take dance lessons.
- A new company wants to hook you up with text messages from your favorite stars.
If you have been following Dancing with the Stars this season you probably know that Mario Lopez emerged as the favorite to win it all early on. He's lived up to that throughout the season, right up until now. As they get ready for the big, three dance, showdown this coming week the odds are changing. The online sportsbook at pinnaclesports.com has now made Emmitt Smith the favorite to win it all. That decision came after they received several $300 max limit bets on Emmitt. $300 bets on DWTS? The mind boggles.
Monique and Louis were awarded the encore for their cha cha cha. Really, any of the couples could have been given the encore this week. They all danced very well. When they chose Monique and Louis I took that as confirmation that they were leaving and the producers wanted to give her the best possible send off.
I couldn't do screencaps this week, and ABC didn't have any images up yet, so instead we have a picture of DWTS judge Carrie Ann Inaba as Fook Yu in Goldmember. She's on the left. And just for crazy TV trivia buffs, Fook Mi was played by Diane Mizota, who you may remember as the host of G4's Filter, or as Katy on Undressed. Anyway, two dances for everyone tonight, so on with the show.
Martina McBride takes the stage next to sing "This One's For The Girls." I wasn' t crazy about the dress. It looked like something from the Star Trek Maternity line. Wardrobe snafu aside, that's a good song. The musical guests this season have been really good. Being a top five show has it's perks.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'The Hurt Locker, Part 2'
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.14 Photos: A Case Causes Tony to Flashback to His Days in Military School
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 15 Most Bizarre Medical Cases
- 'Reign' Episode 2.13 Photos: Will Mary and Francis Reunite at the Winter's Ease Feast?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Shark Tank Slips, Dixie Drops, CBS and NBC Dramas Tick Down
- Pilots: CBS Adds David Shore/Bryan Cranston Drama, James Patterson Riff
- Pilots: ABC Orders Comedies About Johnny Knoxville, NBA Odd Couple, Genius Kids, Plus 4 Others
- Ground Floor Cancelled at TBS
- Glee Recap: Love in an Elevator
- More From TVLine