Christa Collins seemed to connect with Enrique Iglesias, who was helping Nicole Scherzinger make decisions in the Over 30s category. But did she do enough to make it to the live shows? It's a particularly brutal category, and one Scherzinger agonized over as she sees this as a last shot for so many of them.
Look for the 'Hangin' With Mr. Cooper' star to play a love interest for Mike's partner Carl (Reno Wilson). She'll appear in multiple episodes of the comedy starring Melissa McCarthy and Billy Gardell.
In other casting news ...
According to new reports, two music icons are in talks to join the series. Noted record producer Antonio L.A. Reid will join 'The X Factor' as a judge, according to The Hollywood Reporter, and pop star Enrique Iglesias is also on board -- but probably as a host.
Deadline reports that Cowell wants to shake things up by hiring a musician as the show's host. Iglesias, however, is more interested in being a judge. Since the singer's music career is doing well right now, he could decline the offer altogether.
"I have a pretty big gay audience, and I love 'em," said Iglesias. "They're so loyal, and they love music. And I have a lot of gay friends. So I'm not, you know, intimidated."
"So you're not opposed to kissing a dude?" asked Lopez.
"What, you mean like experimenting?" said the singer. He then leaned over and kissed the host on the cheek.
Lopez stood up and pranced around like a crazed teen girl who'd just met Robert Pattinson. "If I was gay, George, you'd be my kind of girl," he joked. The pair then laid some ground rules for their pretend gay relationship.
I don't know if you've been to New York lately, but if you go, the one thing you'll notice is that most of the people there aren't native New Yorkers. They're from all over the country; they've decided to move to the city to chase their dreams or just get the experience of living there. After about a year, most of them feel they've been hardened by the experience, thinking they're "real New Yorkers" because they got the privilege of crowding on the subways and paying $2500 for a studio. With that badge of honor, they feel they get to make fun of all the "Bridge & Tunnel" people who, even though they've lived in the area all their lives, have the good sense to live in a place where drinks are less than $15 a pop.
Ok, rant over. But a lot of that was going through my mind as Ted yelled at the "sorta New Yorkers" who dared tell him they lived in West Orange. The Jerseyan in me was laughing, but he wasn't happy, either.
(S03E01) Welcome to season three of How I Met Your Mother. If you read my Early Look post on the season premiere, you'll know that season three picks up where season two left off.
Well, kinda. Yes, Robin and Ted have gone their separate ways after a year together. Yes, Marshall and Lily have just gotten married (and I guess are back from their honeymoon, but they never say).
But something didn't happen --at least not right at the start of the episode -- that I think almost every HIMYM fan expected to happen.
When we last left the group of five intrepid twenty-somethings from How I Met Your Mother, Ted and Barney were smoking cigars after Lily and Marshall's wedding. Ted had just finished telling the tale of how he and Robin broke up. And, after some uncharacteristic sympathy, Barney gets all charged up about being a wingman for Single Ted. The season ends with Barn launching into his signature line: "Ted, my boy, this is going to be legend... wait for it..."
Well, we waited all summer. And Carter Bays and Craig Thomas know how long we waited; they named the third season premiere, which airs on CBS at 8 PM ET on Monday, "Wait For It." Was it worth the wait? Some non-spoilery thoughts after the jump.
(S04E17) This week's elimination wasn't exactly shocking, but there was a lot of suspense leading up to the final announcement. There was also a ton of filler, and not the entertaining Kenny Mayne-style filler. In the recap of Monday's performances, we learned that Julianne snorts when she laughs, which only makes her more adorable.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.9 Photos: Mommy, Daddy and Hope!
- If I Am Going Down That Dark Alley Then I Want These Characters With Me
- 'The Flash': The Good and Evil from 'Power Outage'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Winter Finale Photos: Christmas Memories
- 'Criminal Minds' Recap: Rossi's Past Collides With His Present
- More From BuddyTV
- Macy's Thanksgiving Parade 2014: The Rockettes Goof, Scary Newbies & More
- Ratings: Survivor, Hell's Kitchen and Red Band Slip; Charlie Brown Surges
- TVLine Readers Give Thanks for Castle, HTGAWM, Doctor Who, Mindy, NCIS, Freak Show, Once and More!
- Red Band Society's First Season Ending After 13 Episodes; Season 2 Unlikely
- What TVLine Is Thankful For: A Good Surprise, Homeland's Revival, Sexed-Up Murder, Sweet Jane and More
- More From TVLine
- 9 Topics to Talk About During Thanksgiving Dinner (That Won't Start Any Family Fights)
- As New Cosby Accusers Come Forward, Legal Options Remain Limited
- Watch Michael Douglas Sneak Up On His Legendary Dad
- 14 Foolproof Tips For Conquering America's Favorite Holiday: Black Friday
- Chris Rock on Tracy Morgan's Recovery and How ET's Nischelle Turner Inspired 'Top Five'
- More From ET