October 23, 2014
by Mike Moody, posted Mar 30th 2010 10:02AM
(S08E14) Judging by tonight's ep, it looks like we can expect more lunacy and lazy story developments as '24' heads into its final hours. It's probably best for the show to end its run after this season. At this point, '24' is merely recycling its once startling twists and turns, and the real-time gimmick has gotten stale. We have a new locale and a few new names and faces, but the tricks are all the same, and the suspense feels manufactured, cheap and forced. Fans can see the twists coming from hours away, even when they're as unbelievable and over the top as they have been this year.
Jack Bauer is long overdue for a trip to the big screen. Hopefully, the tired real-time dramatic device that has outworn its welcome on TV won't shackle the character once he jumps to the movies. I'd much rather see Kiefer battling the baddies in a dense, smartly paced thriller than sit through another ridiculous real-time setup.
by Mike Moody, posted Mar 16th 2010 11:52AM
(S08E12) Stephen Root didn't set the building on fire, but last night's '24' was the best episode of the season so far.
Jack and Cole teamed up to chase down Tarin, but their potential buddy cop moments were undercut by an overzealous SWAT team leader and some very crafty terrorists. For the first time in a long time, '24' delivered edge of your seat suspense and some truly exciting twists and turns. Spoilers after the jump.
by Mike Moody, posted Feb 23rd 2010 12:36AM
(S08E09) Now the clock is really ticking.
Farhad's crew raised the stakes for the season with a plan to set off a radiological bomb in New York. And things finally erupted in a big way with the Dana/Kevin/Cole storyline. Jack got Renee out of the hot seat, but it cost him his plane ride back to his family (again).
The moral of this episode? You just can't trust anyone these days.
Josef stabbed his daddy in the back by stealing the nuclear rods, only to get gunned down by Farhad and friends. Looking to make a big bloody statement, Farhad's goons double-crossed their boss with a plot to use the rods as a weapon. And Weiss set Renee up to take the fall for the mission's failure (I never trusted that guy). Let's talk about that last development.
by Jackie Schnoop, posted Apr 2nd 2008 1:03AM
(S09E24) "James is the target this week. The whole house wants him gone." - Joshuah
So, it's James and Joshuah on the block with a veto competition looming ahead. I don't know how you feel, but I think the only one safe in the house is Natalie because she's the head of household. With the record James has and his determination, no one should feel smug or secure. If Natalie wasn't the HOH, I don't think divine intervention would help her either. James is a force to be reckoned with. He knows he'll go home if he doesn't win the power of veto.
How does it all pan out? Read on past the jump for the full review!
by Jackie Schnoop, posted Mar 26th 2008 11:59PM
(S09E22) Okay, the motto for Big Brother 9 is to expect the unexpected. Tonight was a good example of why I enjoy the reality television genre. You never know what's going to be said or what will happen. Although I've groused about this season and the current houseguests, tonight's episode will go down in the classics of the Big Brother annals. I don't necessarily agree or like everything which was said or happened. But I tell you ... tonight was legendary. Yes, really, it was.
Read on past the jump for the full skinny!
by Jackie Schnoop, posted Feb 20th 2008 11:55PM
(S09E05) Have you been watching any of the commercials for Big Brother 9 lately? My goodness, they're all about sex and the hotness of the hamsters. Now, I know that sex tends to be a big draw, but tonight's episode (unlike last night's episode) really didn't have much sex to it all. Oh, lots of controversy, but little sex. I'm not saying it's not happening in the house -- just not happening tonight on the show.
But if you're not here just for the sex and how marvelously hot looking the houseguests are, read on past the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bones': 7 Reasons Why Aubrey Kicks Ass and Fits Right In
- 'Project Runway' Finale Prediction: Who Will Win Season 13?
- 'Bachelor' Roundup: Andi and Josh Invite Exes to Wedding, Desiree and Chris Set the Date
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Bruce's Rumored Girlfriend, Kris' Thoughts on Bruce and More
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Recap: The Two-Faced Prince is Summoned
- More From BuddyTV
- Grey's Anatomy Scoop: Kelly McCreary Promoted to Series Regular
- Once Upon a Time Supersizes November Sweeps Episode
- Ratings: The 100 Returns Steady, Arrow and Nashville Tick Up, NBC Dramas Dip
- Five-0 Sneak Peek: Who's the Mystery Woman at John McGarrett's Grave?
- Reign Sneak Peek: Mary Finally Loses It, Lashes Out at Lola Over Francis
- More From TVLine
- Jessica Lange Perfectly Covers Lana Del Rey on 'AHS: Freak Show'
- Zach Galifianakis Asks Brad Pitt About Jennifer Aniston's 'Friends' on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Kim Kardashian: North West Will Have to Work For What She Wants
- Zelda Williams Gets New Tattoo In Memory of Father Robin Williams
- Beyonce and Jay Z Reportedly Renew Their Marriage Vows
- More From ET