September 4, 2015
by Jane Boursaw, posted Sep 14th 2009 5:00AM
(S02E12) "You may be the strongest, oldest vampire in my queendom, but if I wanted, I could own your fangs as earrings." - The Vampire Queen to Eric
We've come to the end of season two of True Blood, and I'm glad to see the Maryann storyline end (this is no spoiler; Alan Ball talked about it in my interview with him; and yes, Michelle Forbes is a fantastic actress). On the other hand, I'm sad to see True Blood ending and will wait impatiently for season three to start.
But this finale brought an end to a few storylines and set things up nicely for new ones in season three. After the jump, the episode review and your comments. Don't click through if you haven't watched the episode yet!
by Jane Boursaw, posted Aug 31st 2009 4:55AM
(S02E11) "I am gonna kick that bitch's evil ass out of my gran's house, and then you are gonna shoot her." Sookie to Lafayette, about Maryann
Well, they didn't make us wait, and picked up with True Blood right where we left off last week, with Bill walking in on the vampire queen, played deliciously by Evan Rachel Wood. And ... is the vampire queen a lesbian? There were certainly some sexual overtones with her sucking blood out of the girl's leg, and then later saying, "I haven't enjoyed sex with men since the Eisenhower administration." Then again, she did ask Bill if he wanted to have sex, and he politely declined. He also declined her suggestion that he feed on the girl.
"What gives you the right to say no to the femoral blood of a good woman?" she asks. "You know what your problem is, William? You're a snob. Tiny, tiny souls. Or penises. Or both."
by Jane Boursaw, posted Aug 24th 2009 2:04AM
(S02E10) "Jesus and I agreed to see other people, but that doesn't mean we don't still talk from time to time." - Lafayette to Tara's mom, praying over a spellbound Tara
I'm as hooked on Eric as the next girl, but I must admit, I felt a little protective of Bill during that opening scene. Sookie comforting Eric and kissing his blood-tear-stained face over the loss of Godric was sweet, but emotional. If and when that day comes, I'm not sure who I'll be rooting for: Eric or Bill. It would definitely be a tough choice for Sookie.
by Jane Boursaw, posted Aug 17th 2009 5:05AM
(S02E09) "I don't know what you is, but I'm feelin' you, and you a soulless bitch." - Lafayette to Maryann
After so many slam-dunk episodes of True Blood in a row, this one kind of leveled off a little. Still a great episode, just not super-great. But ... there were a few super-great scenes. We'll talk about those after the jump, so those who wish to remain spoiler-free don't yell at me ...
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Funniest Quotes from ?Big Brother 17? Week 10
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Are the Nominees from the Top 6?
- 'Project Runway' Season 14: Ranking the Looks of 'Gunn and Heid'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' First Impressions: Who Will Win Season 21?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Cast: 'UnREAL' Star and More New Faces
- More From BuddyTV
- TNT to Release Public Morals' Entire First Season for Labor Day Weekend
- Arrow Season 4 Trailer Has Domestic Olicity, Damien Darhk, Constantine, Sara, Costume Changes and More
- Ratings: Mistresses Finale and Dome Hit Series Lows, Rookie Blue Rises
- TVLine Items: Castle Meets The O.C., Rob Riggle Gets Fresh and More
- Nashville's Chaley Rose to Return
- More From TVLine
- Mini-Darth Vader From Super Bowl Ad Gets Pacemaker Generator at 10 Years Old
- 11 Celebrities Who Totally Won the Summer in 2015
- Anna Faris Shares Son Jack's Potty Training Mishap on Twitter
- Alyssa Milano Says Ex-Boyfriend Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears Were 'Super in Love'
- 9 Celeb Couples Who Had Labor Day Weddings: From Ashlee & Evan to Sarah & Freddie!
- More From ET