Season 2 of 'Haven' premieres this week, and the first episode raises more questions than it answers. The 'other' Audrey is still around, Nathan (Lucas Bryant) is grieving for his dead father, and Duke (Eric Balfour) has to deal with a mystery woman from his past who blows into town out of nowhere.
Intrigued? AOL TV caught up with Balfour to get more details about what we can expect from Season 2. We also got the scoop on some of his other highly anticipated projects, including the film adaptation of 'Jesus Hates Zombies' that he's directing, and his role as Bobby Beausoleil in the upcoming 'Manson Girls' movie.
TV Squadder Paul Goebel reviewed the series premiere of the ABC comedy Miss Guided. He wasn't sure what to make of the show after the first airing and I must admit that I also had my doubts about this new comedy. Judy Greer is a joy to watch as guidance counselor Becky Freeley but the comedy was predictable and the cast way too beautiful to portray a real high school. However, I decided to stick with it and ended up enjoying the show's storylines and characters as well as the interview-like tidbits.
The series aired its season finale last week and is now awaiting ABC's upfronts to know if it'll come back next season or have to close the books. To help ABC make its decision, here are some reasons why Miss Guided should be renewed.
*Warning, spoilers from this week's episode.*
This week's scene with 24's Acting President Noah Daniels pawing and kissing his aide Lisa Miller in the Oval Office, was, in a word, creepy. And when I thought about this season's multitude of, shall we say, unusual romantic/couple scenes -- of which there's been an abundance by 24 standards -- there was no question that the Daniels-Miller necking topped my list of the most uncomfortable amorous moments the season.
Other awkward contenders:
Meanwhile, over at CBS, Hugh Jackman (Wolverine!) is producing something called Viva Laughlin. Lloyd Owen (Miss Potter) will star as a family man trying to open a casino in Laughlin, NV. Word is that Jackman will appear in the pilot and may have a recurring role on the series. Given just that bit of knowledge, I'm intrigued by the possibilities.
What happens when two really big celebrities want to guest star on one of TV's hottest shows?
Both Jennifer Aniston and Ben Stiller wanted to appear on FOX's 24, but producer Joel Surnow turned them down because they are "too recognizable. They'll take you out of the reality."
The show has added a lot of new cast members this season, including Rick Schroder, Peter MacNichol, Regina King, Eric Balfour, Powers Boothe, and Michael Angarano, so maybe a big name star (or stars) would put the entire feel of the show out of whack.
According to Michael Aussiello over at TV Guide, Balfour has signed on to a role as a 'series regular', which means we'll see him for more than one episode. Maybe he'll replace poor, sweet Edgar Stiles (Louis Lombardi)?
I have one word for this piece of news: YUM.
Is it me or was everyone talking really fast during this episode? That opening sequence was all smooth and slow and then we just dove right the heck into fast-talking office-speak and, I tell you what, I spent the rest of the episode playing catch-up.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Downton Abbey' Quotes: The Dowager Countess' Best Quips
- 'The Bachelor: The Women Tell All' Photos: Chris Soules Faces the Ladies
- 'Parks and Recreation' Series Finale Extras: 4 New Revelations from the Extended Producer's Cut
- 6 Reasons You're Going to Love 'Battle Creek'
- 'Star Trek' Legend Leonard Nimoy Dead at 83
- More From BuddyTV
- Pilot News: Lost Vet Terry O'Quinn to Lead ABC Legal Drama The Adversaries
- Cartoon Network's Adventure Time Being Developed into Feature Film
- Pilot Scoop: Scrubs' Sarah Chalke to Co-Star in Fox's 48 Hours 'Til Monday
- Kelly Osbourne Exits Fashion Police — Read E! Network's Official Statement
- Chris Meloni to Star in WGN Slavery Drama Underground — With Kanye West Eyed as Musical Contributor
- More From TVLine
- The Great Dress Debate: Where Did The Dress Actually Come From?
- Kelly Osbourne Officially Quits 'Fashion Police' After Zendaya Comments
- Justin Bieber's First ET Interviews: See Our Favorite Moments on His Journey to Super Stardom
- Star Shots: What's On Instagram?
- Khloe Kardashian Shares Super Skinny Selfie: 'People Love to Call Me the Fat One'
- More From ET