To submit questions to the "Ask TV Squad" column, you can post them below in comments or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This week, I answer questions about TV shows on DVD.
Seven years is a darn good run for a TV show. In fact, if it had been a British series, it might have ended after 30 episodes – unless you're talking Coronation Street which is a freak of TV.
But here's the thing about Without A Trace, it's been a solid show with a strong set of characters who've had a chance to shine as much as possible within the confines of a procedural. Anthony LaPaglia as Jack Malone was terrific. The high point in many an episode for me was when Jack lost it and got in someone's face. His personal life was generally a mess, so LaPaglia had lots of chances to show the troubled side of his character.
Unlike Debra -- nice choices, Deb -- I've refrained from putting pictures of these hunks on my walls, but I sure have followed them from show to show, enjoying every moment when they were forced to take off their shirts or flex their muscles.
Oh, Bruce! He is such a hunk. Remember The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.? He was the epitome of the western hero, looking great in black with a cowboy hat, on a horse. And that killer smile. Now, on Burn Notice, he's sort of an older hunk with the great Tommy Bahama shirts and perpetual five o'clock shadow, but still great looking. And since I was fortunate enough to meet him -- on a set visit -- I can tell you that he's a really an eyeful up close. I'd love to be in his arms any time!
Well, this is too bad: the sci-fi show Dark Skies isn't going to be released on DVD as was originally announced.
Producer/writer Bryce Zabel announces on his blog that although The Crow multi-disc set is still on track to be released, Dark Skies won't be. He found out the news after coming home from Comic-Con. Sony has decided to cancel the release because getting the rights to the music used on the show would be too expensive.
Zabel says that he predicted this might be a problem a while ago and offered to work with Sony to get around the music somehow or use other music in certain scenes, but they never got back to him.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Believe': J.J. Abrams and Alfonso Cuaron create families under fantastical circumstances
- 'Dallas': AnnaLynne McCord honors 'the good ol' South'
- 'Cosmos': Watch President Barack Obama's video introduction
- 'True Detective' Season 2 will be about 'hard women' and will 'keep being strange'
- 'Raising Hope' canceled, series finale set for April
- More From Zap2it
- Cable Ratings: True Detective Finale Draws Record Crowd; Plus Lindsay's Premiere Numbers
- Exclusive Twisted Sneak Peek: Danny Makes a Surprising Confession About Vikram's Death
- Pilot News: Psych's James Roday Joins CBS Relationship Comedy Good Session
- Raising Hope Cancelled, to End Its Run in April
- TVLine Items: Drop Dead Diva's Season 6 Trailer, Veep Sneak Peek, Entourage Reunites and More
- More From TVLine