L.A. drivers are preparing for a 53-hour shutdown of a 10-mile stretch of the I-405 from July 15th to 18th, which could paralyze the whole area.
In true Hollywood style, L.A. Metro asked Estrada -- a.k.a. Officer Frank "Ponch" Poncharello -- to record the PSA (in English and Spanish) reminding drivers to stay away from the area during the closure.
Watch the English-language version after the jump.
"I was lucky that way. A lot of fathers let me slide ... because they like Ponch," Estrada said, referring to his character from the classic crime drama. "Ponch was a really likeable guy."
Watch the video after the jump.
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- Erik Estrada blew up at a suspect while filming the reality show Armed and Famous.
- Donald Trump and Mark Burnett are being sued for age discrimination in choosing contestants for The Apprentice.
- Dr. 90210 says Britney Spears is aging at about 5 years per year. What's your real age?
There are several things that bother me about the new CBS show Armed & Famous, which debuts this Wednesday at 8pm. One, it's another damn reality show. I've truly reached my breaking point with these shows, especially ones that are just gimmicks and not teaching us anything new or providing something substantial at the end.
But the main reason I'm bothered about the show is this: the ads keep saying that the show is going to feature "real celebrities" going to work as real cops. Um...since when are people like Erik Estrada and "that guy from Jackass" real celebrities? Latoya Jackson? She has a weird brother. Jack Osbourne? He's the son of a weird father. The hot blonde chick is...um, who is she again?
If I had to guess which new reality show will probably be the first on the chopping block, I'd have to go with Armed and Famous. Then again, I said the same thing about The Surreal Life, and that show kept on truckin' and is still truckin', so maybe I'm actually going to help Armed and Famous succeed by saying it won't. Anyway, if you were planning on avoiding this show when it premieres on CBS January 10, the clip I placed below probably isn't going to change your mind. The clip features La Toya Jackson, Erik Estrada and Wee Man each getting tasered. Is it just me or does Jackson look like she's getting some kind of sick, sato-masochistic pleasure out of it? Either that, or the taser made her lose complete control of all muscle function and she spent the next three hours curled up in the fetal position weeping.
Also, here's a second clip with Estrada farting. Happy viewing.
Other recipients include P. Diddy (or whatever they're calling him now), Matt Damon, Jamie Foxx, Michelle Pfeiffer, Shania Twain, Lily Tomlin, and Crystal Gayle. The full list is here.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Meet Pharrell Williams' Team
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Meet Adam Levine's Team
- 'Castle' Episode 7.17 Photos: Competition for Beckett at the Shooting Range
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.16 Photos: Olivia Meets with Cyrus and Abby
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.16 Photos: Richard Bonds with Maggie
- More From BuddyTV
- The 100 Finale: Will Clarke and Lexa's Budding Romance Survive the War?
- TVLine Items: Garfunkel & Oates Axed, Originals' New Witch and More
- Castle First Look: Can Linda Park's Hong Kong Cop Outgun Beckett?
- Sarah Michelle Gellar Joins Disney XD's Star Wars Rebels for Season 2
- Suits Finale Preview: The L-Bomb, Brotherly Flashbacks — Plus: Watch Harvey and Donna's First Meeting!
- More From TVLine
- The Only Thing That Will Make This Baby Stop Crying Is Taylor Swift
- Bobby Brown Denies Shooting Reality Show Amid Bobbi Kristina Crisis
- 12 Places North West Has Been That You Can Probably Never Go
- Britney Spears' Hair Extensions Fall Out During Energetic Vegas Show
- Kanye Wasn't the Only One 'Beaten by a Girl'! 13 Other Times Nicki Minaj Stole the Song
- More From ET