Mizzy had written songs that the likes of Dean Martin and Doris Day recorded, even the great Billie Holiday. But those TV themes are his legacy. That's not a bad thing. Mizzy made music that people remember because they were catchy themes attached to quirky series. And his songs were perfect because in 90 seconds or so, he captured the gist of the sitcom. Think about it:
Richard Bare spent most of his directing career helming the productions of every single episode of Green Acres. You'd think after all that time spent directing what some consider to be the dumbest sitcom ever he'd never want anything to do with the show ever again. WRONG!
Bare recently bought the rights to remake the series from the widow of creator Jay Sommers. According to Bare, now is the perfect time for a remake of GA to hit the airwaves.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- What to Watch Wednesday: Modern Family Down Under, Nashville in Concert, Survivor and More
- American Idol Exclusive: Top 6 Song Spoilers!
- Did You Fall For MTV's Faking It?
- The Voice Top 12 Results Recap: Did the Right Contestants Get Cut This Week? [Updated]
- Glee Recap: 'Tonight, You Are a Star'
- More From TVLine
- Has Nicki Ever Been 'The Other Woman'? Lance Bass Gets the Dirt
- 5 Seconds of Summer Remember Their Big Break
- Is Tori Spelling Sharing Too Much About Husband's Cheating?
- Stephen Colbert Tells David Letterman His Plan for 'Late Show'
- Minaj on 'Housewives' Fight: 'Someone Would of Got Knocked Upside the Head'
- More From ET