The roster of big name performers announced by the network spans not only generations, but also genres, with singers Michael Bublé, Cee Lo Green, Faith Hill, Carole King, Katharine McPhee and 'The Voice' winner Javier Colon performing a mix of current hits and holiday classics.
NBC announced that the hour-long special on November 30 will be hosted by the 'Today Show's Al Roker and Savannah Guthrie and will -- natch -- also feature seasonal high-kickers, The Radio City Rockettes. Prior to the primetime telecast, WNBC and other NBC affiliates (check your local listings) will also air an additional live hour of the special.
A great lineup of celebs pops in to perform and support host Faith Hill in this 11th annual special to promote awareness of adoption. Mary J. Blige, musician (and featured adoptee) Michael Franti, Reba McEntire, Shakira and Carrie Underwood sing a few tunes, though the main event of the special, as always, is the inspirational true stories of families whose lives have been changed when they adopted children. Country superstar Hill, who was also adopted as an infant, says the 'Home for the Holidays' specials have helped more than 20,000 children find adoptive homes.
What do you think was the #1 TiVoed (yeah, it's a verb now) moments of 2006? Was it an episode of Lost? Was it an episode of Grey's Anatomy or CSI or Desperate Housewives? How about one of the World Series games or the Super Bowl or maybe the finale of American Idol?
After the jump check out the list of the top 10 recorded moments according to TiVo. I guarantee a couple of them will be a surprise to you.
Today, Faith HIll says she was just joking. She released a statement: "The idea that I would would act disrespectful towards a fellow musician is unimaginable to me." I actually believe her. Although, it's much more funny to imagine a big Country Music showdown between Faith Hill and Carrie Underwood, the two purest women in the genre.
Video of Faith being a (fake) sore loser after the jump:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Awkward, Shameless, Crisis, Mindy and More
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black Returns, a Devious Premiere, Salem and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Jack Gleeson
- Report: Gwen Stefani Replacing Christina Aguilera on The Voice Next Season
- Shane West Previews Scary Salem's 'Sense of Urgency and Dread,' Talks Taming His Wig
- More From TVLine
- John C. Reilly Takes You Behind The Scenes Of Disney's 'Bears'
- 'Hawaii Five-0' Star Alex O'Loughlin is Married!
- 'Jesus Christ Superstar' Creators Talk Show's Creation & Controversy
- 'Good Morning America' Promotes Lara Spencer to Co-Host
- Exclusive: Lionel Richie Recalls His Amazing Chance Meeting with Marvin Gaye
- More From ET