March 6, 2015
by Aaron Broverman, posted Jul 12th 2011 3:01PM
As a comic book collector for 16 years and an attendee of nearly every comic convention in my city, I thought I had the fandom thing nailed down. Then I watched 'Fanboy Confessional' and realized I still had a lot to learn.
Narrated by Aaron Ashmore ('Smallville's Jimmy Olsen), the six-part Canadian documentary series goes deep into the subterrane of geekdom to expose the lesser-known subsets of fandom. Turns out just being a comic book geek isn't enough anymore. Now, the real hardcore fans aren't satisfied unless you're a cosplayer, LARPer, zombie walker, furry, steampunk or real-life superhero. Confused? That's why we asked reformed fanboy and show creator Michael McNamara to walk us through each group he investigated in the series.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'The Lawn Chair'
- 'The Amazing Race' Leg 3 Prediction: Which Team Will Go Home?
- [Video] 'Real Housewives of Orange County' Star Tamra Judge Leaks 'Sex Tape' with Husband
- Kim Kardashian: 'I Have the Hairiest Forehead'
- 'The 100' Season 2 Finale Photos: Will the Mountain Men Win?
- More From BuddyTV
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: Is Netflix Comedy as Resilient as Its Heroine?
- Scandal Recap: Olivia Defuses a Bad Situation, Fitz Seeks a New VP
- American Crime: Does ABC's Morally Gray Drama Hit Too Close to Home?
- USA Network's DIG: Are You Heifer or Against the New Mystery Drama?
- Pilot News: Originals' Daniel Sharman Checks into CBS Medical Drama LFE
- More From TVLine
- Kim Kardashian Says She Has Sex with Kanye West '500 Times a Day'
- EXCLUSIVE: Ellen DeGeneres to Present Kerry Washington with GLAAD Award
- 'American Idol' Contestant Jax Wore #TheDress!
- 'Once Upon a Time' Sneak Peak: The Queens of Darkness Want to Destroy The Charming Family!
- Dr. Phil Stages 'Intervention' with Bobbi Kristina's Boyfriend Nick Gordon
- More From ET