Children's television is the ultimate pacifier. Where else in the world can a terrible, horrific monster that destroys both life and property with nary a whiff of sympathy be turned into a soft, cuddly character who has his own line of soft, cuddly dolls being sold at the local Wal-Mart? It's only later in life, after they've adjusted to these de-fanged monsters, do they realize that their beliefs were so wrong. Aaaannnddd, that's where the therapy comes in.
But, we're not here to talk about the emotional problems that are paralyzing you today. We're here to talk about those vampires, ghosts and mummies that were stripped down and made to be funny, clumsy and even musically oriented. After the jump you'll see a few examples of what I mean. Don't worry, they won't scare you...they've been homogenized for your nightmare-free pleasure.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'Sons of the Harpy'
- 'Revenge' Recap: Who Helped Victoria Frame Amanda?
- 'Mad Men' Recap: A Bumpy Transition and a Surprising Departure
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: A Blast from the Past Helps Alicia Decide her Future
- 'Battle Creek' Recap: A Fugitive Stays One Step Ahead
- More From BuddyTV
- Sofia Vergara on Moving Into a House With Joe Manganiello: 'It's Been Crazy'
- J.K. Rowling Tells Fans She's 'Really Sorry' for Killing Off a 'Harry Potter' Character
- Spice Girls Reunite for David Beckham's 40th Birthday Along With Eva Longoria
- Prince Records Song About Freddie Gray and Unrest in Baltimore
- 'Walking Dead' Star Chad L. Coleman Apologizes for Subway Rant
- More From ET