Children's television is the ultimate pacifier. Where else in the world can a terrible, horrific monster that destroys both life and property with nary a whiff of sympathy be turned into a soft, cuddly character who has his own line of soft, cuddly dolls being sold at the local Wal-Mart? It's only later in life, after they've adjusted to these de-fanged monsters, do they realize that their beliefs were so wrong. Aaaannnddd, that's where the therapy comes in.
But, we're not here to talk about the emotional problems that are paralyzing you today. We're here to talk about those vampires, ghosts and mummies that were stripped down and made to be funny, clumsy and even musically oriented. After the jump you'll see a few examples of what I mean. Don't worry, they won't scare you...they've been homogenized for your nightmare-free pleasure.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- [Video] 'Criminal Minds' Sneak Peek: The BAU Goes to Prison to Find an UnSub
- 7 Times 'The 100' Destroyed (and Then Restored) My Faith in Humanity
- 'American Idol' Predictions: Which 4 Guys are Going Home?
- 'The Bachelor' Family Blogs: Reactions to the Women Tell All
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' Prediction: Who Will Go Home in Week 2?
- More From BuddyTV
- Tom Selleck to Star in New Jesse Stone Movie, on a New Network
- Last Man On Earth's Kristen Schaal on Phil and Carol's Wedding Plans — Plus: Watch Their Raisin-Ball 'Feast'!
- Darren Star Reflects on Creating 90210, Sex and the City in AOL's Inspired Series
- The Voice Recap: Suspense & Disbelief
- Mindy Project Recap: A Nut, Busted
- More From TVLine
- The Morning After: Get Your Exclusive First Look at VH1's ‘Walk of Shame Shuttle'
- Taylor Swift Grants Terminally Ill 4-Year-Old's Final Wish
- Spanish Actress Fakes Instagram Persona by Photoshopping Other Stars' Pics
- Chris Hemsworth Fails at 'Dirty Dancing' Lift in New 'SNL' Promos
- Star Shots: What's On Instagram?
- More From ET