Far Out Space Nuts
At the midpoint of the 1970s the Saturday morning schedule was remarkably different from what it was a mere five years before. Instead of featuring animated rock n' roll bands, animated mystery-solving teenagers and animated versions of Jerry Lewis, the 1975-76 schedule was filled with live-action series. Lots of live-action series.
In fact, about half of the new series to premiere this year were live action shows. Add those to existing series making return appearances and half of the 1975 Saturday morning schedule featured live actors and actresses. It would be a trend that would continue until the end of the decade and would give animated fare a run for their money.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sharknado 2' Interview: Why the Sequel Will 'Surpass Expectations'
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Kim and Kanye's Marriage Trouble Rumors
- 'The Strain' Recap: Nightmare Symptoms and Bad Parenting
- 'True Blood' Recap: Has Sookie Sentenced Bill to the True Death?
- 'Rising Star' Recap: Who's in the Round of 13?
- More From BuddyTV
- Bates Motel Cast, EP Talk Norma's 'Innocence' and Romero's Backstory, Defend 'Desperate' Finale Kiss
- Orphan Black Cast Talks New Clone, 'Scary' Kiss, 'Badass' Donnie and More
- Supernatural Duo Sample Musical-ish Ep, Weigh In on '20 Seasons' Rumor
- The Leftovers Recap: Can We Talk?
- Lost Video Celebrates 10 Years: Did Your Favorite Moment Make the Cut?
- More From TVLine