"There's the most enormous, fat black chick I've ever seen," he said. "She is enormous. Everyone's pretending she's a part of show business and she's never going to be in another movie." He even took on Oprah Winfrey, who's certainly no stranger to weight struggles or lasting success. "Oprah's another liar, a filthy liar. She's telling an enormous woman the size of a planet that she's going to have a career."
The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that the show, produced by Fremantle Media North America ('American Idol'), will follow the comings and goings of single mother Alley and her constant battle with weight (no word yet on whether she will appear in a bikini).
Alley, 58, is best known for her work on 'Cheers,' for which she received an Emmy in 1991. She also starred in the comedy 'Veronica's Closet,' which ran for there seasons on NBC, as well as the short-lived Showtime series 'Fat Actress.'
Showtime and Apple announced today that the critically acclaimed shows Weeds and Sleeper Cell will now be available for purchase on iTunes. Showtime becomes the first premium cable network to join the family of downloadable programs from the online service. It seems odd that a subscription cable network would go ahead with this, but you never know. This could help to drum up a lot of buzz for the second season of Weeds, but the first was so good that I think there may already be enough.
Kirstie Alley's Fat Actress was also added but this isn't too big a deal since a few episodes were available to watch on Yahoo! a few months ago. I would imagine if Showtime likes the results we'll see The L Word, Barber Shop, and Huff being added to iTunes as well.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelor' Roundup: Andi and Josh Invite Exes to Wedding, Desiree and Chris Set the Date
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Bruce's Rumored Girlfriend, Kris' Thoughts on Bruce and More
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Recap: The Two-Faced Prince is Summoned
- 'Nashville' Recap: How Much Longer Can Will Keep His Secret?
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 21 Touching and Frightening Moments from 'Greensleeves'
- More From BuddyTV
- Here's What Renee Zellweger Told ET About Plastic Surgery -- Back in 2002
- S Club 7 Makes Our Dreams Come True With Reunion News
- Oscar De La Renta: Inside His World
- Taylor Swift Reveals '1989' Tracklist (and We Guess Who Each Song Is About)
- Former Crisis Manager: Teresa Giudice a 'Mess,' Worse Than Chris Brown
- More From ET