"There's the most enormous, fat black chick I've ever seen," he said. "She is enormous. Everyone's pretending she's a part of show business and she's never going to be in another movie." He even took on Oprah Winfrey, who's certainly no stranger to weight struggles or lasting success. "Oprah's another liar, a filthy liar. She's telling an enormous woman the size of a planet that she's going to have a career."
The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that the show, produced by Fremantle Media North America ('American Idol'), will follow the comings and goings of single mother Alley and her constant battle with weight (no word yet on whether she will appear in a bikini).
Alley, 58, is best known for her work on 'Cheers,' for which she received an Emmy in 1991. She also starred in the comedy 'Veronica's Closet,' which ran for there seasons on NBC, as well as the short-lived Showtime series 'Fat Actress.'
Showtime and Apple announced today that the critically acclaimed shows Weeds and Sleeper Cell will now be available for purchase on iTunes. Showtime becomes the first premium cable network to join the family of downloadable programs from the online service. It seems odd that a subscription cable network would go ahead with this, but you never know. This could help to drum up a lot of buzz for the second season of Weeds, but the first was so good that I think there may already be enough.
Kirstie Alley's Fat Actress was also added but this isn't too big a deal since a few episodes were available to watch on Yahoo! a few months ago. I would imagine if Showtime likes the results we'll see The L Word, Barber Shop, and Huff being added to iTunes as well.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live': Liam Neeson, Jon Hamm, Fred Armisen show up for surprise cameos
- 'True Detective' Season 1 crib sheet: All you need to know before the finale
- 'Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey': President Barack Obama to introduce FOX special
- Showtime's 'Gucci: The Director' gives a close-up view of Gucci creative director Frida Giannini's vision and life
- 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' Season 6 debuts on Netflix: Did the final season tie up all the loose ends?
- More From Zap2it
- Lena Dunham Hosts Saturday Night Live: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches
- Louis C.K. Set for Saturday Night Live Encore
- Pilot News: Robert Patrick, Amy Sedaris and a Desperate Housewife Are Among Latest Castings
- Hot Video: In 24: Live Another Day, All Jack Must Stop Is a New 'World War'— Also: Is That…?!
- Pilot Scoop: Supernatural Spin-Off Gets a New Title, Casts Its Final Series Regular
- More From TVLine