"There's the most enormous, fat black chick I've ever seen," he said. "She is enormous. Everyone's pretending she's a part of show business and she's never going to be in another movie." He even took on Oprah Winfrey, who's certainly no stranger to weight struggles or lasting success. "Oprah's another liar, a filthy liar. She's telling an enormous woman the size of a planet that she's going to have a career."
The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that the show, produced by Fremantle Media North America ('American Idol'), will follow the comings and goings of single mother Alley and her constant battle with weight (no word yet on whether she will appear in a bikini).
Alley, 58, is best known for her work on 'Cheers,' for which she received an Emmy in 1991. She also starred in the comedy 'Veronica's Closet,' which ran for there seasons on NBC, as well as the short-lived Showtime series 'Fat Actress.'
The TV adaptation of the hit movie Barbershop will stream on MSN simultaneous with the debut on Showtime this Sunday. Not only the shows but various DVD-like content as well will be available on MSN for eight days afterwards on demand.
Is it just me or is Showtime leaving other networks in the dust as far as partnering with online providers to multi-purpose their programming? First Fat Actress and now Barbershop.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revolution' Creator Eric Kripke Answers: Will the Story Live On?
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.6 Photos: A Visit from April's Mom
- 'Constantine' Series Premiere Recap: John Constantine Makes a Big Entrance
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- More From BuddyTV
- Castle Scoop: Krista Allen Cast as Former B-Movie Star
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Supernatural's Jensen Ackles
- Ratings: Constantine Does Sub-Dracula Numbers, Blue Bloods Hits Highs
- Constantine: Will You Go to Hell and Back for NBC's New Drama?
- Grimm Season 4 Premiere Recap: Trubel-ing Times
- More From TVLine