"There's the most enormous, fat black chick I've ever seen," he said. "She is enormous. Everyone's pretending she's a part of show business and she's never going to be in another movie." He even took on Oprah Winfrey, who's certainly no stranger to weight struggles or lasting success. "Oprah's another liar, a filthy liar. She's telling an enormous woman the size of a planet that she's going to have a career."
The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that the show, produced by Fremantle Media North America ('American Idol'), will follow the comings and goings of single mother Alley and her constant battle with weight (no word yet on whether she will appear in a bikini).
Alley, 58, is best known for her work on 'Cheers,' for which she received an Emmy in 1991. She also starred in the comedy 'Veronica's Closet,' which ran for there seasons on NBC, as well as the short-lived Showtime series 'Fat Actress.'
The TV adaptation of the hit movie Barbershop will stream on MSN simultaneous with the debut on Showtime this Sunday. Not only the shows but various DVD-like content as well will be available on MSN for eight days afterwards on demand.
Is it just me or is Showtime leaving other networks in the dust as far as partnering with online providers to multi-purpose their programming? First Fat Actress and now Barbershop.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Interviews: Executive Producers Tease New Faces and Challenges in Season 2
- 'Under the Dome' Episode 2.11 Photos: Winter Comes Early to Chester's Mill
- 'Under the Dome' Episode 2.10 Photos: Big Jim Finally Learns the Truth
- 'The Strain' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 HoH Competition?
- More From BuddyTV
- Defiance Season 2 Finale Recap: Raiders of the Lost Ark-Brain
- Big Brother Recap: Same Old, Same Old
- Arrow Season 3 Casts Glee Alum as Felicity's [Spoiler]
- Fargo Breakout Allison Tolman Headed to Mindy Project for Arc? You Betcha!
- TBS' Ground Floor Gets Season 2 Premiere Date, New Time Slot
- More From TVLine