Movie actors are a unique bunch of characters in Hollywood. Adept at script memorization, method acting, and being snobby little princesses (the males included), they are somewhat limited in their performance venues. They can switch pretty easily and thrive in theater productions because most of them began their acting lives on the stage in front of adoring audiences. Decades ago they could also do radio pretty easily; most likely because they could read right from the script and no one listening would know any different.
Television? Well, that's a whole different loaf a bread! For some reason, big-named movie stars with their Oscars and Golden Globes just tank when they decide to jump to the small screen. Their failures could be due to the show they've decided to star in, who they play on the show, or the fact that they are catering to a different audience than film-goers. Whatever the reason, some of Hollywood's most famous film stars had some famously big television flops. Here are but a few of them to digest.
(S05E16) "In Human please Doctor Yang." - Doctor Campbell
When I learned a few weeks back that Faye Dunaway was going to guest star this week, I was a tiny bit worried at what her role would be since Grey's Anatomy has not been very good lately at introducing new characters and Dunaway deserves better. Luckily for her, the role of Doctor Margaret Campbell was introduced with some humor and her presence helped Cristina become a better doctor while touching the topic of when doctors should retire.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Exclusive Interview: Tim Gunn Talks 'Project Runway,' Favorite Guest Judge and More
- 'The X Factor' Predictions: Who Will Go Home from the Final 4?
- 'The X Factor' Season 3: Top 4 Performance Rankings
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Interview: Sarah Drew On the 'Incredibly Shocking' Winter Finale
- 2014 Golden Globe Nominations: 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine,' 'House of Cards' and More New Shows
- More From BuddyTV
- The CW midseason schedule: 'Star-Crossed,''The 100' and the end of Amell Wednesdays
- 'Reign': Adelaide Kane on Mary and Francis sexy times, wedding
- Golden Globes 2014 TV nominations: 12 egregious snubs and 6 pleasant surprises
- 'The X Factor': Carlito Olivero and Paulina Rubio on peaking at the right time
- TV ratings: 'Modern Family' grows and leads Wednesday, 'Sing-Off' does OK
- More From Zap2it
- The CW's Midseason Plan: Star-Crossed Monday, Beast's Spring Break, New Slots for Three Shows
- Ratings: Modern Family Rises, Sing-Off Drops
- Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany Talks 'Shocking' Golden Globe Nomination, Previews Season 2
- Golden Globe Nods: My Snappy Judgments
- Golden Globe Nominees React! Who Said What?
- More From TVLine