In a bit of a surprise, one of the contestants, Amanda Freitag, was being assisted by her friend Ariane Duarte, one of the more popular contestants from rival program Top Chef's New York season (I was so flabbergasted by the turn of events, I snapped a pic of the two with my cell phone). When I pointed this tidbit out to Brown, his response was very interesting...
Over the last two years Food Network's Alton Brown has taken to America's roads less traveled in the Feasting on Asphalt series in order to find the little known jewels that were left behind as the Interstates began to rule the country. Along the way, Alton and his crew dined on alligator, various pieces of pig that are not normally consumed by the general public, sweet bread sandwiches, and lots and lots of doughnuts. Now, filled with fried dough and cow brains, Alton has decided to get off of his motorcycle and see what other delicacies are out there in warm waters of the Caribbean.
Why so much Alton? The Food Network is aggressively pushing for a younger audience. Bob Tuschman, Senior VP, said that their campaign is working citing that the average age of the network's audience dropped from 50 in 2003 to 46 in 2007. Wow, what a big drop! (Note the sarcasm.)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Top Looks of 'Finale, Part 2'
- 'The 100' Episode 2.2 Photos: Octavia Confronts the Grounders
- 'Constantine' Cast in Other Roles
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Episode 7.8 Photos: Jax Meets Up With Jury
- 'Parenthood' Recap: Crosby's Downward Spiral and Amber's Date
- More From BuddyTV
- Marvel's Agent Carter Adds Nikita Alum
- Did Boardwalk Hit Casting Jackpot? Missing DemonDean? Can Elsa Bundle Up? Palicki-est TV Week? And More Qs!
- Degrassi Sneak Peek: Drew Confronts a Pregnant Clare on Season Premiere
- Lauren Graham Lands Odd Couple Gig as Matthew Perry's Ex-Wife
- Ratings: Reign, ABC Dramas Tick Up; Bad Judge, A to Z Slip; Football Pops
- More From TVLine
- Usher Admits: 'I'm Not Happy' With Justin Bieber's Choices
- Kelly Osbourne Gets Tattoo In Memory of Joan Rivers
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Canceled, Mama June Thanks Fans
- Jenny McCarthy on Sex with Donnie Wahlberg: It Gets Better Every Time
- Aaron Paul Slams Toys 'R' Us for Pulling 'Breaking Bad' Action Figures and Keeping Barbie
- More From ET