This year's awards season, barely a month old now, has not been a good one for Hollywood. First, the Golden Globes ceremony was reduced to an Access Hollywood special after members of the Writers Guild and Screen Actors Guild boycotted the show. Now, it looks like the Grammy Awards ceremony may also be in trouble.
It is being reported that the striking guild will probably bar its members from working on the February 10th Grammys telecast. Grammy organizers have yet to ask for a waiver allowing for writers to work on the show. However, according to a WGA spokesperson, a waiver grant would be unlikely. There is no word if the WGA will picket the ceremony. If it does, then SAG members will not cross the picket line. This potentially means another exciting 1-hour infotainment special.
I'm sure members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences are sweating a bit now.
- Charlie Rose: Karl Lagerfield and Harriet Mays Powell
- The Late Show With David Letterman: Martha Stewart and Michael Buble'
- Jay Leno: Paul Walker, Fiona Apple, and Jillian Barberie
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Steve Coogan, Dr. Travis Storke, and Daddy Yankee
- Late Night With Conan O'Brien: Paul Bettany and Graham Bensinger
- The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson: Eddie Izzard and Patti Hall
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Khloe and French Montana Split, Kendall Bans Kim from Fashion Show and More
- 'Big Brother 16' Recap: Rewind Week Is Better the Second Time Around
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' Recap: Amber and Rino Have Health Scares
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Was the Real Power of Veto Used in the Final 5?
- 'Reign' Season 2 Premiere Photos: The Black Plague Ravages the Land
- More From BuddyTV