This year's awards season, barely a month old now, has not been a good one for Hollywood. First, the Golden Globes ceremony was reduced to an Access Hollywood special after members of the Writers Guild and Screen Actors Guild boycotted the show. Now, it looks like the Grammy Awards ceremony may also be in trouble.
It is being reported that the striking guild will probably bar its members from working on the February 10th Grammys telecast. Grammy organizers have yet to ask for a waiver allowing for writers to work on the show. However, according to a WGA spokesperson, a waiver grant would be unlikely. There is no word if the WGA will picket the ceremony. If it does, then SAG members will not cross the picket line. This potentially means another exciting 1-hour infotainment special.
I'm sure members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences are sweating a bit now.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 4.2 Photos: The Team Protects a Mayoral Candidate
- 'The Flash' Episode 2.2 Photos: Meet Jay Garrick
- 'Supernatural' Episode 11.2 Photos: Cas Gets Tortured
- 'ANTM' Recap: One Model Returns, One Model Goes Away
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 12.3 Photos: Would Alex Make a Good Dad?
- More From BuddyTV
- Blood & Oil Star Previews New Power Struggles, Secret Affairs in Episode 2
- Miley Cyrus Hosts SNL (and Hillary Clinton Assists): Best/Worst Sketches?
- Unauthorized Beverly Hills, 90210 Story: Shannen Doherty's Ousting and 12 Other Semi-Accurate Revelations
- Top TV Vampires From Buffy, TVD, Moonlight, True Blood and More
- Ratings: Dr. Ken Has Healthy Debut
- More From TVLine
- Johnny Depp Is ‘Quite Worried' About Daughter Lily-Rose's Fashion Career
- Miley Cyrus Kicks off the 'SNL' Season 41 Premiere: 7 Biggest Moments!
- Tori Spelling Reveals She Had Sex With Jason Priestley, Got Shannen Doherty Fired From '90210'
- Matt McGorry, Zelda Williams & More Stars Join Amber Rose's Slut Walk
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Pro Witney Carson Is Engaged!
- More From ET