This year's awards season, barely a month old now, has not been a good one for Hollywood. First, the Golden Globes ceremony was reduced to an Access Hollywood special after members of the Writers Guild and Screen Actors Guild boycotted the show. Now, it looks like the Grammy Awards ceremony may also be in trouble.
It is being reported that the striking guild will probably bar its members from working on the February 10th Grammys telecast. Grammy organizers have yet to ask for a waiver allowing for writers to work on the show. However, according to a WGA spokesperson, a waiver grant would be unlikely. There is no word if the WGA will picket the ceremony. If it does, then SAG members will not cross the picket line. This potentially means another exciting 1-hour infotainment special.
I'm sure members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences are sweating a bit now.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Originals': Winners and Losers from 'Reigning Pain in New Orleans'
- The Best of Kevin Tran on 'Supernatural'
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 16 Shocking Moments from 'You Are My Sunshine'
- 'Nashville' Season 2 Episode Photos
- 'The Originals': The Mikaelson Family's 10 Most Dysfunctional Moments
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Kirstie' premiere: This pedigree should have better comedy
- 'The Tomorrow People' recap: Kidnapping, Dr. Death and John's lies in 'Thanatos'
- 'Nashville' recap: Juliette finally makes the right call romantically ... just a little too late
- 'American Horror Story: Coven': Fiona rises up to help with the war of the witches
- 'X Factor' Top 6: Jeff Gutt and Ellona Santiago bring it
- More From Zap2it
- Nashville Recap: Friends in Low Places
- American Horror Story: Coven Recap: Head Case
- The X Factor Top 6 Performance Recap: I Stand Here Waiting for You to Bang the Gong
- Scandal's Jeff Perry Talks Blindsided Cyrus, Fitz/ Olivia Roadblocks and the 'Exquisite Hell' Ahead
- Jayma Mays Talks The Millers' Sibling Rivalry, How She Wishes She Were HIMYM's Mother
- More From TVLine