This year's awards season, barely a month old now, has not been a good one for Hollywood. First, the Golden Globes ceremony was reduced to an Access Hollywood special after members of the Writers Guild and Screen Actors Guild boycotted the show. Now, it looks like the Grammy Awards ceremony may also be in trouble.
It is being reported that the striking guild will probably bar its members from working on the February 10th Grammys telecast. Grammy organizers have yet to ask for a waiver allowing for writers to work on the show. However, according to a WGA spokesperson, a waiver grant would be unlikely. There is no word if the WGA will picket the ceremony. If it does, then SAG members will not cross the picket line. This potentially means another exciting 1-hour infotainment special.
I'm sure members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences are sweating a bit now.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'Second Sons'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Week 10 Preview: The Final 4 Dance It Off
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Reggie Bush Won't Congratulate Kim, Ellen Pearson Claims Kardashians Have No Case
- 'Mad Men' Recap: Sex, Drugs and Advertising
- 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' Finale Recap: Vegas vs. Nashville
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Mad Men' Season 6 episode 8 recap 'The Crash': Ranking Don, Sally, Stan, Peggy and more on the happiness index
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 3 episode 8 recap: 'Second Sons'
- Miguel slams woman's head into stage during Billboard Music Awards performance
- Billboard Music Awards 2013: Taylor Swift wins Artist of the Year
- 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' winner: Trace Adkins or Penn Jillette, who took home the prize?
- More From Zap2it
- What to Watch Monday: Bates Motel, Five-0 and Four Other Finales, Goodwin Games On and More
- Mad Men Recap: Just What the Doctor Ordered
- Billboard Music Awards 2013: Recognizing the Good, the Bad and The Biebs
- Game of Thrones Recap: Wedding-Bell Booze
- BBC Renews Doctor Who for Season 8
- More From TVLine