It was the stagnant story telling. The emphasis on gay marriage in Dorian's mayoral campaign was over the top, as was the romance of closeted cop Oliver Fish and ex-lab tech Kyle. The Kyle-Fish relationship developed a fan base. The proponents of 'Kish' were all for the twosome become like Cam and Mitchell on 'Modern Family,' a gay married couple with broad-based appeal.
That's not to be. This past week, 'One Life to Live' dumped the duo. Actors Brett Claywell and Scott Evans were let go because their characters are being written off the show, according to the New York Post.
At one point, Piven talks about viewers changing channels, and he's probably right.
Even fish-based television shows aren't exempt from the reality show controversy parade.
The Discovery Channel's increasingly popular show The Deadliest Catch is getting some fire for some creative editing they did on the season premiere. They showed a dangerous storm (not sure if it was "perfect," but it was bad) in the Bering Sea, and the fight the crew had to keep the boat afloat and stay alive. Now comes word that the storm footage was from October, the flooding of the boat happened in September, and extra footage was shot to tie the scenes together to make it look like everything happened around the same time.
The Hollywood Reporter did some detective work and found the production outline for the episode, and things just don't add up. They've placed video of the episode on their web site. For the record, producers of the show say the outline was only an early draft and they don't do reenactments (though they also say that footage from different days is sometimes used).
In the 1980s, everyone was talking about the farm crisis. You heard about it on the news, celebrities came out to voice their support for farmers, and sometimes the topic would even make it into the scripts of some TV shows. It was the "Cause of the Week" so to speak.
Those of us who actually lived on a farm, however, had a perspective no one else had, no matter how many news specials they watched or magazine articles they read. It's one thing to know what's happening; it's another thing to experience it first hand.
(S02E12) This is an early review.
Bob Balaban plays Tom's father in this episode, and I must say he was the perfect choice. He and Tim Heidecker, who plays Tom, have the same kind of soft-spoken, halted delivery, and it seems perfectly natural they would be father and son, even if Walt doesn't seem to care much for Tom.
The episode opens at the airport with Tom waiting for his father's flight to arrive. We assume he's visiting his son, but actually it's just an eleven minute layover (which is, funny enough, also the length of the episode). Tom doesn't let his father's lack of time keep him from making a minute by minute itinerary, which includes a father/son embrace (tentative). Tom's father sells fish coolers called "Coldinizers" and he doesn't want to miss his flight, else he lose all his sales on the Eastern seaboard. Tom insists they have time to do everything on the list, however.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Summer Projects: What Are Your Favorite TV Stars Up To?
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Live Blog: The Top 16 Dance and Two Go Home
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 6?
- 'The 100' Season 3 Interview: Eliza Taylor Teases Clarke's 'Going to Be Losing Her Mind'
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Predictions: Which Two Dancers Will Leave the Top 16?
- More From BuddyTV
- Supergirl: Jenna Dewan-Tatum to Recur as Lucy Lane, Jimmy Olsen's Ex
- Game of Thrones: Bran's Mystical Guide Recast With Max von Sydow
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine's Cheeky Season 3 Poster Insists Size Does Matter
- The Last Man on Earth Season 2 Poster Offers First Glimpse of Phil and Carol's Road Trip to Nowhere
- TVLine Items: American Crime Plot Scoop, Transparent Return Date & More
- More From TVLine
- Kim Kardashian Posted a Before and After of Her Haircut That Left Everyone Disappointed and Confused
- Mamie Gummer Jokes About Working With Mom Meryl Streep: She Had a Bigger Dressing Room!
- Zooey Deschanel Secretly Weds Jacob Pechenik, Gives Birth to Baby Girl
- Kylie Jenner's Summer of the Black Bikini
- Gwen Stefani Files for Divorce From Gavin Rossdale
- More From ET