Here's another instance where the producers seem to have nailed it. 'Royal Pains' has cast Henry Winkler to play Hank and Evan's father, Eddie Lawson. Yes, Henry Winkler. The Fonz from 'Happy Days,' but if you know you're Henry Winkler IMDB listing, you know he's done so much more than just Arthur Fonzarelli.
In fact, in a case where the casting was off, on the CBS sitcom 'Out of Practice,' he was Stockard Channing's ex and the father of Christopher Gorham, Paula Marshall and Ty Burrell. It never quite worked.
This very important anniversary was actually a week ago today but I just realized it this morning as I was eating my Happy Days cereal and wearing my Fonz pajamas and Ralph Malph slippers.
September 20th marked the 30th Anniversary of the day Arthur Fonzarelli (aka "Fonzie," aka "The Fonz") put on his leather jacket and a pair of water skis and jumped over a cage filled with
stock footage of a man eating shark. Of course, we know that the famous episode launched a very successful catch phrase and web site called "What choo talkin' bout Willis?"
After the jump, a video of that classic TV moment. I haven't seen an episode of Happy Days in years, but it was probably well on its way to getting away from the original intent of the show before this. But yeah, this scene is even more ridiculous than you remember it.
1. "Aeyyy!" OK, so technically this isn't a "word," but you can't deny the popularity of the trademark call of coolness from the one and only Fonz of Happy Days.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Nashville Sneak Peek: As Deacon and Rayna Watch, Scarlett's Breakdown Intensifies
- What to Watch Wednesday: Arrow's Epic Battle, a Hot in Cleveland to Die for, The 100 and More
- Did FX's Fargo Make You Say 'You Betcha'?
- Awkward Season Premiere Recap: Exes and O's
- The Voice Playoffs Recap: The (Rise and) Fall of the House of Usher [Updated]
- More From TVLine