The remaining six episodes begin airing on Thursday, May 25 at 8:30 pm. It looks as though they'll continue each Thursday night until the new America's Got Talent results show takes over the timeslot on July 13.
- "OK, let's cut this bitch open." - Dr. Ron, after hearing Susan say "Mike" before surgery, on Desperate Housewives.
- "The opposite of love isn't hate. It's indifference." - Bree, trying to tell Andrew they still have a chance to be a family, on Desperate Housewives.
- "Shhh...don't say that. There's one in the brochure." - Christine, to her son on his first day at private school, who asked, "where are all the black kids?", on The New Adventures of Old Christine.
- "Save the orphans...some of them don't have parents!...Save the orphans...use them as bait for scholarships!" - lyrics to a jingle that beat out Charlie's entry, on Two and a Half Men.
- "I hope she doesn't have a lisp." - Jon Stewart, wondering what Sharon Stone meant when she said on a trip to Israel, "I came in my faith," on The Daily Show.
- "I didn't hire you to hang out in the bathroom and watch me walk my horse!" - Russ the boss, to an employee, on The Loop.
- "First of all, don't ever f***king wink at me again. I'm not your waitress at Fridays." - Jon Stewart, on CNN reporter Rick Sanchez, winking to the audience before giving a demonstration on what it's like to drive a police car, on The Daily Show.
- "Yeah, but always gliding? I mean, are the floors slippery? Does she live on a glacier?" - Ben, to the girl he's dating, about the "graceful" woman in her short story, on Four Kings.
- "Stacey is my fiancee's daughter. I think she'll have a good time. As long as she doesn't look on my computer. (Laughs) Actually, I better go check." - , Kevin, during "Take Your Daughter To Work Day," on The Office.
Here are the shows (on all networks) that media buyers think are in danger of cancellation:
- Survivor Panama: Exile Island premieres on CBS at 8pm. It's followed by new eps of CSI and Without A Trace.
- ABC has a new Dancing With The Stars, followed by a new Crumbs and a new Primetime.
- NBC is all new tonight, with Will and Grace at 8, followed by Four Kings, My Name Is Earl, The Office, and ER.
- FOX has a new That 70s Show at 8, a repeat at 8:30, then a new The O.C.
- The WB has new eps of Smallville and Beauty and the Geek.
- Hey, UPN has new eps tonight! Everybody Hates Chris at 8, and then Love, Inc., Eve, and Cuts.
- Martin Yan joins Emeril on a repeat episode of Emeril Live on Food Network at 8.
- E! has the two hour special 50 Most Outrageous TV Moments at 8.
- Some 8pm movies: TMC has Agent Cody Banks 2, while FLIX has No Small Affair, with Jon Cryer and Demi Moore.
- At 9, ESPN has 40 Moments That Define The Super Bowl.
- 9pm movies: Oxygen has Jennifer Aniston in The Good Girl, Hallmark has Lindsay Lohan and Dennis Quaid in The Parent Trap, and the Sci-Fi Channel has Antonio Banderas in The 13th Warrior.
- At 9:30, HGTV has a new Designer's Challenge, followed by a new House Hunters.
- At 10, Food Network unveils The Secrets of Kitchen Stadium.
- Lots of new stuff on the Travel Channel, starting at 10: Million Dollar Yachts, two eps of Amazing Vacation Homes, and two eps of Flight Attendant School.
- Showtime has two repeats of Penn and Teller's Bull....! at 10.
- Discovery Times has a new Only In America, focusing on the Burning Man festival. It's on at 10 too.
- At 11, HGTV has a new Design, Inc., followed by a new Small Space, Big Style.
- Also at 11: a pretty funny SNL repeat on E, with Tom Brady and Beck.
- At 12:30am, a new Neon Genesis Evangelion on Cartoon Network.
- NBC has another live episode of Will and Grace at 8pm. It's followed by new eps of Four Kings, My Name Is Earl, The Office, and ER.
- ABC has a 90 minute Dancing With The Stars at 8, followed by the debut of Fred Savage's new sitcom Crumbs, and then a new Primetime.
- CBS, for some reason, has all repeats tonight: CSI: Miami, CSI, and Without A Trace.
- FOX has a new That 70s Show at 8, followed by a repeat That 70s Show and a new The O.C.
- The WB has a new Smallville, followed by a new Beauty and the Geek.
- UPN has all repeats too: Everybody Hates Chris at 8, and then Love, Inc, Eve, and Cuts.
- AMC has Timothy Dalton as 007 in The Living Daylights. It's on at 8.
- Also at 8: a repeat Emeril Live has the chef cooking old-fashioned fruit desserts. On the Food Network.
- I've never seen the game show MXC, but there's a new ep on Spike at 9 (followed by a repeat).
- HBO has The Grudge at 9, while HBO2 has Million Dollar Baby.
- At 10, A&E has a new episode of Dallas SWAT, while HGTV has a new House Hunters.
- MTV has a new episode of True Life titled "I'm on Steroids."
- Also at 10: some westerns on American Life: Sugarfoot, Kung Fu, and then Maverick.
- Some 10pm movies: WE has Janeane Garofalo in The Truth About Cats and Dogs, while TCM has Castle in the Sky.
- At 11, some goodies for cartoon fans on Cartoon Network: repeats of Family Guy, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and Futurama.
- Some people love him, some don't, but you can catch two repeat eps of The Andy Milonakis Show on MTV2 at 11.
- On the Sundance Channel at 11, Brian Grazer interviews Sumner Redstone on Iconoclasts.
- At midnight, ESPN2 has the State Farm U.S. Championships figure skating.
I guess I'm part of the minority. I checked out Four Kings and I gave up CSI in favor of Earl and The Office. CSI is getting boring, anyway. What do you choose on Thursday nights?
- "Although, as an avid watcher of the Oscars, I can't help but be a little disappointed with the choice. It appears to be another sad attempt to smoke out Billy Crystal." - Jon Stewart, on being the new host of The Academy Awards.
- "I don't know why, but don't ever say that phrase to me again." - Jason, to Bobby, doing laundry and asking, "can I piggy-back on your load?", on Four Kings.
- "Why do I have to pay $35 to get into my own house?" - Top 10 Things Elvis Would Say If He Were Alive Today, on The Late Show With David Letterman.
South Beach (Wednesdays, UPN) Two hot, New York City working-class bachelors leave the big city behind to follow one of their girlfriends to South Beach, FL, only to discover that she has a new boyfriend. They get mixed up with the rich and famous in the club scene. After viewing a sneak preview on UPN's website, it looks like a guilty pleasure like The O.C., except with more sex and no high school. Jennifer Lopez is the executive producer and it co-stars Vanessa Williams as a club owner and mother to one of the main characters. South Beach premieres on Wednesday, Jan. 11 at 8 pm.
So NBC has all these dramatic commercials that they're running over and over again, saying that they've had a long tradition of having the best comedies on Thursday nights, and starting next week they'll be a return to NBC's "Must-See Thursday" that they used to have when shows like Friends and The Cosby Show ruled the airwaves.
But will it really be "Must-See TV?" Sure, The Office is a great show, and I can see if becoming a classic, but is My Name Is Earl really "Must-See" worthy? I mean, yeah, it's a good show, but I don't know if it's been on long enough or has the wall-to-wall critical acclaim. And what about Four Kings and Will and Grace? Four Kings hasn't even been on yet (the pilot is getting mixed reviews at best) and Will and Grace is in its last season!
How does all this add up to the "Must-See" future of NBC comedy?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Chicago Fire Season 4: Casey Has Gone Missing! — What Happens Next?
- A.D. The Bible Continues Cancelled
- Is Detective Truly a Snooze? Is UnReal Couple 'Shippable? LOLcats on Zoo? Dreadful Heartbreak? And More TV Qs
- Ratings: Hannibal, Rookie, Beast Steady on Soft Holiday Eve; Dome Drops
- Fireworks! 25 Explosive TV Moments, Including Thrones Death, Once's Dark Hero, an Inhuman Twist and More
- More From TVLine
- Taylor Swift Gets a Piggy Back Ride From Boyfriend Calvin Harris -- See the Adorable Pic!
- What's the Secret Behind Taylor Swift's Unstoppable Power?
- Jennifer Hudson Readies for Her Broadway Debut in ‘The Color Purple'
- Glory Johnson Announces She's Pregnant With Twins, Ex Brittney Griner Remains Mum
- Photos of Bobbi Kristina Brown in Hospice Care Selling for $100,000
- More From ET