This is comforting news, as ratings for its current season haven't been stellar, despite the excellent pseudo-season finale, which was written before its six-episode extension was commissioned. Our own Joel Keller has an excellent interview here on TV Squad with 'Chuck' co-creator Chris Fedak about "Season 3.2."
While the previous episode had (spoiler alert!) Chuck and Sarah hooking up at the end, it does make one wonder where the series could go from that point onward. After all, that seemed to be the point of the series since the first episode. The good news is that we're going to find out when the first of six new episodes begin airing on Monday.
But what always nagged me about the show is that she's essentially setting her clients up with gold diggers. Bravo has renewed the show for a fourth season, where we'll see Stranger expanding her business into New York. Which should be fun, since the Big Apple has a higher class of social strivers than the aspiring-actor/actress-slash-bartender types Patty's been finding in L.A.
But all of that's a problem for 2011. Right now, the cast and crew of 'Greek' can celebrate that with this fourth season pick-up, they will become the longest running original series currently on the air at ABC Family.
The other side of the coin is that it was only a 10-episode pick-up. The first two seasons ran 22 episodes each, while the third hit 20.
When a show like Mad Men comes along, not unlike The Sopranos in quality and pop culture appeal, the question usually isn't whether the network will stand behind it for the duration, but whether or not the creative team envisions a long run.
A little late, but maybe not too late, BET is showing interest in bringing The Game back for a fourth season. The original options on the cast of the show have lapsed, but that's not to say BET couldn't negotiate anew. There's still an audience out there for the show, and I'll bet its more hardcore base felt a little betrayed by The CW's quick dismissal.
BET already airs repeats of both The Game and its parent series Girlfriends, so a continuation there fits well. The network hasn't had much luck in establishing a successful original comedy, so why not take a stab with one that's already established? From there, it'd be easy to grow into wholly unique properties.
The good news is that the absence didn't hurt the show at all. It's just as compelling as it ever was. And fun. By fun, of course, I mean for us. Poor Sheriff Carter seems on the verge of a nervous breakdown half the time. Between negotiating a teenage daughter and the geniuses and their dangerously inventive concoctions, it's a wonder Eureka hasn't been blown off the map. Maybe for the series finale.
Even better, if you've yet to add it to your weekly list of stops, you can catch the latest four episodes of Eureka streaming on Hulu, along with tons of other fun clips.
Huh. That's the only thing I can say about the recent announcement that 'Til Death will be returning to the FOX lineup next year with a full season order. Well, I could probably add in a 'Hmm' or an 'Eh?' or even a 'Whaaaaa?', but they would all convey the same emotions.
I mean, who would have thought that the network had so much confidence in the show after it placed it on "hiatus" back in October (it still has 15 episodes left in its compliment)? It's not like the network had anything of importance to fill the time slot other than repeats of House or Fringe. Maybe the network felt bad that 'Til Death is, as of this moment, the only live-action, studio audience sitcom remaining on the network. Or, maybe they have some bigger ideas in the works.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.9 Photos: Mommy, Daddy and Hope!
- If I Am Going Down That Dark Alley Then I Want These Characters With Me
- 'The Flash': The Good and Evil from 'Power Outage'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Winter Finale Photos: Christmas Memories
- 'Criminal Minds' Recap: Rossi's Past Collides With His Present
- More From BuddyTV
- Red Band Society's First Season Ending After 13 Episodes; Season 2 Unlikely
- What TVLine Is Thankful For: A Good Surprise, Homeland's Revival, Sexed-Up Murder, Sweet Jane and More
- Vampire Diaries Photos: Bonnie's Blue Christmas, Stefan's Big Reveal & More
- Flash Scoop: The Voice of Gideon Is...
- Arrow Scoop: Sin Returns for 'Pivotal' Role in Sara Murder Mystery
- More From TVLine
- 9 Topics to Talk About During Thanksgiving Dinner (That Won't Start Any Family Fights)
- As New Cosby Accusers Come Forward, Legal Options Remain Limited
- Watch Michael Douglas Sneak Up On His Legendary Dad
- 14 Foolproof Tips For Conquering America's Favorite Holiday: Black Friday
- Chris Rock on Tracy Morgan's Recovery and How ET's Nischelle Turner Inspired 'Top Five'
- More From ET