March 1, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 13th 2010 11:04AM
Very few shows have featured New Orleans as its setting, and it's not hard to see why. The list is a mix of critically acclaimed but quickly canceled shows, and critically disemboweled and canceled-just-as-quickly shows.
'Treme,' HBO's new drama from 'The Wire' creator David Simon and 'Wire' writer/producer Eric Overmyer, could break the mold that so many others have tried to crack. Judging from the first episode, their chances are looking good. If 'Treme' goes on to achieve the fame that 'The Wire' has, it won't just have its staff, creators, or even the city to thank for providing such beautiful inspiration.
It will have these other shows to thank for choking on that overcooked beignet for them.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Kenya Accuses Phaedra of Infidelity
- 'Battle Creek' Series Premiere Recap: Will These Cops Ever Become Buddies?
- 'Downton Abbey' Season 5 Finale Recap: A Scandalous Christmas and a Fond Farewell
- 'Once Upon a Time' Mid-Season Premiere Recap: Who Makes It into Storybrooke?
- 'How to Get Away with Murder': What Needs to Happen in Season 2
- More From BuddyTV
- Battle Creek: Does This Procedural Boast CBS' Better Odd Couple?
- Secrets and Lies: What's Your Verdict on ABC's New Murder Mystery?
- Downton Abbey Season Finale Recap: 'Proposals and Propositions'
- Good Wife Recap: Cash Twenty-Two
- The Last Man on Earth: Is Fox's New Post-Apocalyptic Comedy a Survivor?
- More From TVLine