April 23, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 13th 2010 11:04AM
Very few shows have featured New Orleans as its setting, and it's not hard to see why. The list is a mix of critically acclaimed but quickly canceled shows, and critically disemboweled and canceled-just-as-quickly shows.
'Treme,' HBO's new drama from 'The Wire' creator David Simon and 'Wire' writer/producer Eric Overmyer, could break the mold that so many others have tried to crack. Judging from the first episode, their chances are looking good. If 'Treme' goes on to achieve the fame that 'The Wire' has, it won't just have its staff, creators, or even the city to thank for providing such beautiful inspiration.
It will have these other shows to thank for choking on that overcooked beignet for them.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Agents of SHIELD' Quotes from 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- 'Arrow' Episode 2.21 Photos: The Mirakuru Soldiers
- 'The Originals': 15 Shocking Moments from 'An Unblinking Death'
- Why the 'Dancing with the Stars' Judges Are Ruining Season 18
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Mission Debrief: A 3-Person Race
- More From BuddyTV
- Exclusive Simpsons Promo: Homer Falls to Pieces in Special LEGO Episode
- What's Next For MTV's Faking It? The Stars Talk Secrets, Sacrifices and a 'Lesbian Sherpa'
- Pilot News: Meg Ryan to Narrate HIMYM Spin-Off How I Met Your Dad
- Exclusive Vikings Sneak Peek: Will King Horik Turn Floki Against Ragnar?
- TVLine Items: VH1 Cancels Best Week Ever, NBC Plans Coldplay Concert Special and More
- More From TVLine
- Neil Patrick Harris Talks Heels & Glitter at Broadway Opening of 'Hedwig'
- Jodie Foster Marries Girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
- Duchess of Cornwall Camilla's Brother Dead After Head Injury
- Cuba Gooding Jr.'s Wife Files for Legal Separation
- He's Back: Arnold Begins Production on 'Terminator' Reboot
- More From ET