June 30, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 13th 2010 11:04AM
Very few shows have featured New Orleans as its setting, and it's not hard to see why. The list is a mix of critically acclaimed but quickly canceled shows, and critically disemboweled and canceled-just-as-quickly shows.
'Treme,' HBO's new drama from 'The Wire' creator David Simon and 'Wire' writer/producer Eric Overmyer, could break the mold that so many others have tried to crack. Judging from the first episode, their chances are looking good. If 'Treme' goes on to achieve the fame that 'The Wire' has, it won't just have its staff, creators, or even the city to thank for providing such beautiful inspiration.
It will have these other shows to thank for choking on that overcooked beignet for them.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Teen Wolf Season 5 Premiere: The Creepy and the Awesome from 'Creatures of the Night'
- 'Extant' Season 2 Premiere Photos: Molly Teams Up with a Bounty Hunter
- [Video] 'Dance Moms' Preview: Kalani's Mom Invites a New Dance Coach to the ALDC
- 'Scream' Review: Does MTV's New Slasher Series Live Up to the Movie Franchise?
- 'Zoo' Review: A New Summer Drama That Leaves Something to Be Desired
- More From BuddyTV
- How Might Leap Second Have Altered the Course of Your Favorite Shows?
- Minority Report Adds One Big Happy's Nick Zano as Pre-cog Twin
- Vampire Diaries: Lethal Lesbians Among Season 7's New Blood
- Ratings: Disney's Teen Beach 2 Flirts With 6 Million (Frustrated?) Viewers
- TVLine Items: Trailers for The Affair and BoJack, Miss USA Hosts Bail and More
- More From TVLine
- Watch Alex Trebek Rap 'Fresh Prince of Bel Air' and Try Not To Die Forever
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Split, Announce Divorce After 10 Years
- Amy Schumer Candidly Reveals Why She Turned Down Hosting 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Clarke Addresses ‘Terminator' Spoilers: ‘There's a Lot More Going On'
- Sean Penn Reportedly Takes Minka Kelly on Extravagant Birthday Dinner Date
- More From ET