July 22, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 13th 2010 11:04AM
Very few shows have featured New Orleans as its setting, and it's not hard to see why. The list is a mix of critically acclaimed but quickly canceled shows, and critically disemboweled and canceled-just-as-quickly shows.
'Treme,' HBO's new drama from 'The Wire' creator David Simon and 'Wire' writer/producer Eric Overmyer, could break the mold that so many others have tried to crack. Judging from the first episode, their chances are looking good. If 'Treme' goes on to achieve the fame that 'The Wire' has, it won't just have its staff, creators, or even the city to thank for providing such beautiful inspiration.
It will have these other shows to thank for choking on that overcooked beignet for them.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Season 2 Cast Photos
- 'Under the Dome': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Revelation'
- 'Mistresses' Poll: Should Karen Have Chosen Jacob Over Anna?
- [Video] 'Bachelor in Paradise' Preview: Lots of Tears, Hookups and Regrets
- 'Real Housewives' Roundup: A Possible Divorce, Another Arrest and a Broken Friendship
- More From BuddyTV
- The Mindy Project Season 3: Cheers Vet Rhea Perlman to Play Danny's Mother
- CBS' Stalker Adds Law & Order Vet Elisabeth Röhm as Series Regular
- Witches of East End Recruits Chuck's Sarah Lancaster for 'Mysterious' Role
- Downton Abbey EP Talks 'High-Stakes' Season 5, Mary's Long Road to the Altar
- Graceland Sneak Peek: With Paige Missing, Is Mike Too Hot to Handle?
- More From TVLine
- John Stamos Gives Beach Boys Fan The Surprise Of His Life
- How Well Do the 5 Seconds of Summer Boys Know Each Other? ET Puts Them to the Test
- Cops Called on Justin Bieber Six Times In Two Days
- Bradley Cooper Explains 40 Pound Weight Gain
- 14-Year-Old Michelle Williams is Adorable on the Set of 'Lassie'
- More From ET