April 18, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 13th 2010 11:04AM
Very few shows have featured New Orleans as its setting, and it's not hard to see why. The list is a mix of critically acclaimed but quickly canceled shows, and critically disemboweled and canceled-just-as-quickly shows.
'Treme,' HBO's new drama from 'The Wire' creator David Simon and 'Wire' writer/producer Eric Overmyer, could break the mold that so many others have tried to crack. Judging from the first episode, their chances are looking good. If 'Treme' goes on to achieve the fame that 'The Wire' has, it won't just have its staff, creators, or even the city to thank for providing such beautiful inspiration.
It will have these other shows to thank for choking on that overcooked beignet for them.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revolution' Season 2 Episode Photos
- 'Reign' Episode 21 Photos: The Madness of King Henry
- 'Reign': 17 Moments of James, Marriage Troubles and Catherine?s Plots from 'No Exit'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 5.20 and 5.21 Photos: Stelena in Danger
- 'Parenthood' Season 5 Highlights: Break-ups, Breakdowns and Breakthroughs
- More From BuddyTV
- Devious Maids EP Previews Marisol's 'Dark' New Life and More Season 2 Scoop
- Nashville to Host First Lady Michelle Obama
- Lara Spencer Promoted to GMA Co-Anchor
- SNL to Celebrate 40th Anniversary With 3-Hour Live Special in 2015
- Exclusive Degrassi Sneak Peek: Zig and Miles Come to Blows in the Midseason Finale
- More From TVLine
- 'Good Morning America' Promotes Lara Spencer to Co-Host
- Exclusive: Lionel Richie Recalls His Amazing Chance Meeting with Marvin Gaye
- How Celeb Seafood Hangouts Reel in the Best Catch
- 'SNL' Star Beck Bennett Dishes Out Tough Love In 'Intramural'
- Angelina Transforms Herself Into 'Maleficent'
- More From ET