July 28, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 13th 2010 11:04AM
Very few shows have featured New Orleans as its setting, and it's not hard to see why. The list is a mix of critically acclaimed but quickly canceled shows, and critically disemboweled and canceled-just-as-quickly shows.
'Treme,' HBO's new drama from 'The Wire' creator David Simon and 'Wire' writer/producer Eric Overmyer, could break the mold that so many others have tried to crack. Judging from the first episode, their chances are looking good. If 'Treme' goes on to achieve the fame that 'The Wire' has, it won't just have its staff, creators, or even the city to thank for providing such beautiful inspiration.
It will have these other shows to thank for choking on that overcooked beignet for them.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Quentin Tarantino Confirms He's Going To Start Making 'The Hateful Eight'
- Sarah Palin Launches Online TV Network Called The 'Sarah Palin Channel'
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Cast Gets Creepy & Crazy In New Poster Series
- 'Lucy' Knocks Out 'Hercules' To Dominate The Weekend Box Office
- 6 Beyonce Pictures That Will Make You Want to Take A Break
- More From ET