October 31, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 13th 2010 11:04AM
Very few shows have featured New Orleans as its setting, and it's not hard to see why. The list is a mix of critically acclaimed but quickly canceled shows, and critically disemboweled and canceled-just-as-quickly shows.
'Treme,' HBO's new drama from 'The Wire' creator David Simon and 'Wire' writer/producer Eric Overmyer, could break the mold that so many others have tried to crack. Judging from the first episode, their chances are looking good. If 'Treme' goes on to achieve the fame that 'The Wire' has, it won't just have its staff, creators, or even the city to thank for providing such beautiful inspiration.
It will have these other shows to thank for choking on that overcooked beignet for them.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Episode 7.9 Photos: Conflict and Heartache Strike SAMCRO
- 'The 100' Episode 2.3 Photos: Clarke and Anya Attempt an Escape
- 'Reign' Episode 2.6 Photos: Mary and Catherine on the Run
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Corpse at the Convention'
- November 2014: Don't Miss These 12 TV Shows and Events
- More From BuddyTV
- NBC Recast Scoop: Uma Thurman In, Mary-Louise Parker Out in The Slap
- Sharon Stone to Play Female Veep in TNT's Newly Greenlit Agent X
- Bad Judge and A to Z Cancelled by NBC
- The Originals Photos: Esther Tortures Elijah — Plus: Her Master Plan Revealed
- TVLine Items: Bradley Cooper's Limitless Pilot, Vicious Season 2 & More
- More From TVLine
- Paternity Test Confirms Beyonce Has a Secret 4-Year-Old Sister
- EXCLUSIVE! How 'Big Bang Theory' Surprised Fans With Billy Bob Thornton's Guest Spot!
- Beyonce and Blue Ivy Flawlessly Honor the Jacksons on Halloween
- Katy Perry Officially Won Halloween – Don't Even Try to Beat Her Flamin' Hot Cheeto Costume
- Starbucks Will Soon Begin Delivering Coffee!
- More From ET