September 15, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 13th 2010 11:04AM
Very few shows have featured New Orleans as its setting, and it's not hard to see why. The list is a mix of critically acclaimed but quickly canceled shows, and critically disemboweled and canceled-just-as-quickly shows.
'Treme,' HBO's new drama from 'The Wire' creator David Simon and 'Wire' writer/producer Eric Overmyer, could break the mold that so many others have tried to crack. Judging from the first episode, their chances are looking good. If 'Treme' goes on to achieve the fame that 'The Wire' has, it won't just have its staff, creators, or even the city to thank for providing such beautiful inspiration.
It will have these other shows to thank for choking on that overcooked beignet for them.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bones' Episode 10.2 Photos: Another Lead in the Search for Booth's Enemy
- 'The Originals' Season 2 Premiere Photos
- 'Castle' Season 7 Premiere Photos: Where Is Richard Castle?
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 12 Photo Booth Gallery
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Alaric Is Back
- More From BuddyTV
- DWTS Season 19 Premiere Recap: Who Rocked? Who's at Risk?
- The Flash Enlists Barry Allen's Original Love Interest as STAR Labs Rival
- Castle Season 7 Photos: Beckett & Co. Are Gunning for Answers
- Finding Carter Season Finale First Look: Prepare for Lori's Craziest Surprise Yet
- Blacklist's James Spader on Season 2: 'Nothing Is as Simple as It Appears'
- More From TVLine