May 23, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 13th 2010 11:04AM
Very few shows have featured New Orleans as its setting, and it's not hard to see why. The list is a mix of critically acclaimed but quickly canceled shows, and critically disemboweled and canceled-just-as-quickly shows.
'Treme,' HBO's new drama from 'The Wire' creator David Simon and 'Wire' writer/producer Eric Overmyer, could break the mold that so many others have tried to crack. Judging from the first episode, their chances are looking good. If 'Treme' goes on to achieve the fame that 'The Wire' has, it won't just have its staff, creators, or even the city to thank for providing such beautiful inspiration.
It will have these other shows to thank for choking on that overcooked beignet for them.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Messengers' Recap: Dealing with Pestilence
- 'Wayward Pines' Interview: M. Night Shyamalan on Shocking Death and Darker Turn
- 'Bachelorette' Star Kaitlyn Bristowe on Pre-Fantasy Suite Sex: 'I Don't Know Why Everyone is So Shocked'
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Ranking the 13 Most Shocking Tribal Councils from Season 30
- More From BuddyTV
- Fuller House: Olsen Twins Not Returning as Michelle, EP Confirms
- The Good Wife: Matthew Goode Exits Ahead of Season 7
- American Crime Story: Cuba Gooding, Jr. as O.J. Simpson & More Cast Photos
- TVLine Items: Danny Trejo's Dusk Role Revealed, McHale Hosts ESPYS & More
- Humans First Look: AMC Drama Offers Eerie Take on Androids Among Us
- More From TVLine
- Robert De Niro Gives Blunt Commencement Speech: 'You're F***ed'
- Hollywood's 9 Hottest Hunks of Summer
- Josh Duggar Molestation Allegations: A Timeline of Events
- Chris Pratt Hilariously Pre-Apologizes for 'Jurassic World' Press Tour
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen Aren't Returning for 'Full House' Revival
- More From ET