by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 13th 2010 11:04AM
Very few shows have featured New Orleans as its setting, and it's not hard to see why. The list is a mix of critically acclaimed but quickly canceled shows, and critically disemboweled and canceled-just-as-quickly shows.
'Treme,' HBO's new drama from 'The Wire' creator David Simon and 'Wire' writer/producer Eric Overmyer, could break the mold that so many others have tried to crack. Judging from the first episode, their chances are looking good. If 'Treme' goes on to achieve the fame that 'The Wire' has, it won't just have its staff, creators, or even the city to thank for providing such beautiful inspiration.
It will have these other shows to thank for choking on that overcooked beignet for them.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrested Development' Rewatch: Season 3, episode 8 - 'Making a Stand'
- 'Rules of Engagement's' 100th episode and series finale sees Audrey and Jeff about to have two babies
- 'The Voice' live blog: The top 10 take the stage
- 'Dancing with the Stars' live blog: The Season 16 finale performances
- 'The Goodwin Games' premiere: How many episodes do you think will air?
- More From Zap2it