If you've had enough of shows being imported to the US from the UK, maybe some Japanese grown entertainment will work for you. On the heels of ABC's upcoming Wipeout, and Fox's Hole In The Wall, another popular Japanese game show could be crossing the Pacific.
Vin Di Bona Productions, of America's Funniest Home Videos fame, has acquired the rights to Masquerade (Kasou Taishou). The show, which the linked article calls Japan's longest running hit series, finds contestants using costumes, props, and sets to create performances that trick the eye. Sound confusing? I thought so too. There are a couple videos of just what that entails after the jump. Having now watched them, it is an interesting concept, but I don't see it being an idea that works as a weekly series. As far as I can tell, it's only done a couple of times a year in Japan. That sounds much more reasonable to me. Of course, I never would have guessed that dad getting hit in the nuts with a Wiffle ball bat would still be working after 19 years either.
[ via Reuters ]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best Quotes from 'The Bachelorette' Week 4: 'I?m Tired of Being a Piece of Meat!'
- 'Hannibal' Season Finale Photos: Would Will Really Shoot Hannibal?
- 'Big Brother 15' House Tour: 'Mad Men' with a Twist and a Familiar Face
- 'The Voice' Finale Predictions: Who Will Win Season 4?
- BuddyTV Free Auctions: Win a 'True Blood' Sam T-Shirt or 'Downtown Abbey' DVD
- More From BuddyTV
- 'American Restoration': Jason Mraz and Tommy Lasorda help Rick Dale celebrate 100 episodes
- 'Doctor Who' star Jenna-Louise Coleman cast in 'Death Comes to Pemberley'
- 'The Voice' winner: Who will win Season 4 - and who should
- 'The Client List' Season 3: Jennifer Love Hewitt's story demands holding up renewal - report
- Ron Howard reads tweets, 'Arrested Development'-style
- More From Zap2it
- TVLine Items: Doctor Who Star Books Death-ly Role, Ray Donovan Premiere Video and More
- Ratings: Bachelorette and Mistresses Hit Lows
- Steve Carell Admits His Office Finale Sin: 'I Lied'
- Eye on Emmy: Southland's Michael Cudlitz on Cooper's Journey and That Killer (?) Ending
- Anger Management: Could Charlie Sheen's Clash With a Co-star Derail Its 90-Episode Run?
- More From TVLine