If you've had enough of shows being imported to the US from the UK, maybe some Japanese grown entertainment will work for you. On the heels of ABC's upcoming Wipeout, and Fox's Hole In The Wall, another popular Japanese game show could be crossing the Pacific.
Vin Di Bona Productions, of America's Funniest Home Videos fame, has acquired the rights to Masquerade (Kasou Taishou). The show, which the linked article calls Japan's longest running hit series, finds contestants using costumes, props, and sets to create performances that trick the eye. Sound confusing? I thought so too. There are a couple videos of just what that entails after the jump. Having now watched them, it is an interesting concept, but I don't see it being an idea that works as a weekly series. As far as I can tell, it's only done a couple of times a year in Japan. That sounds much more reasonable to me. Of course, I never would have guessed that dad getting hit in the nuts with a Wiffle ball bat would still be working after 19 years either.
[ via Reuters ]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Jane the Virgin' Interview: EP Jennie Urman Teases Baby's Birth, Bromance and Continued Love Triangle
- 'Gotham' Interview: Donal Logue on How Jim 'Reinvigorated' Harvey
- 'The Celebrity Apprentice' Predictions: Who Will Be Fired from the Top 9?
- 'Revenge' Recap: Nolan Helps Louise Take Down Her Mother
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Peter and Kordell Flirt with Claudia
- More From BuddyTV
- The Originals' Charles Michael Davis on Freya's Arrival, Marcel's New Romance
- Agent Carter EP Teases Stark's Betrayal — Plus: An Exclusive Sneak Peek
- HTGAWM Sneak Peek: Suspicion Rises Around Sam's Disappearance!
- Jane the Virgin Stars Preview Rafael vs. Xo Battle: 'There's Definitely Tension'
- Reality Check: Debate Erupts Over American Idol's Week 3 Auditions! Plus — Advice for Randy's Replacement
- More From TVLine
- Star Sightings
- The Important Lesson Toni Collette Taught Eddie Redmayne About Acting
- Miley Cyrus Works on New Album ‘Every Day,' Thought Grammy Nom Was a 'Joke'
- Watch Bruce and Kris Jenner's Amazing '90s Workout Infomercial
- Nick Jonas' Girlfriend Olivia Culpo Wore the Most Cleavage-Baring Dress We've Ever Seen
- More From ET