(S04E13) "Denny Crane, to serve and protect" - Denny Crane
Only a couple minutes into the show and the crazy meter is off the charts. Nutjob Leigh is threatening Katie. Denny is having anonymous sex with Shirley's friend and I'm having a Murphy Brown flashback.
I've lost a lot of respect for Jerry. What could possibly compel him to get involved with Leigh again other than his being a pitiful loser? It seemed like he was making progress for a while there. Doesn't he know that a woman who leaves you once is very likely to leave you again? I just hope he never takes her on a date to an electronics expo.
It won Emmys for the best dramatic series, best dramatic actor and best dramatic actress. Right out of the box. In season one.
Nearly 15 years ago.
So how does the first season of the controversial Picket Fences stand up to time, in its new DVD collection? After watching the pilot episode, seeing all those shoulder pads, hearing the heavy-handed background music during some of the scenes and watching "tough" police interrogations in the form of raised voices, my initial thought was, "Picket Fences didn't age well."
Then I watched more episodes. And changed my mind.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- 'Castle' Recap: Castle and Beckett Solve Crime on Live TV
- 'Orphan Black' Episode 3.4 Photos: Sarah, Alison and Helena Run Into Trouble
- 'Backstrom': Ranking All the Episodes of Season 1
- 'The Following' Recap: How Does Joe's Death Affect Ryan?
- More From BuddyTV
- Castle Recap: Not Ready for Crimetime — Plus, Did Martha Move You?
- The Voice Recap: Pumped-Up Six
- Vera Farmiga and Nestor Carbonell Bicker About the Bates Motel Brawl That Left One of Them Hurting
- Gotham Finale Post Mortem: Scoop on Bruce's Discovery, Fish's Fate, The Riddler's Mania, Mr. Freeze and More
- Nashville Finale Photos: Juliette's Last Straw, Deacon's Last Chance?
- More From TVLine