Now we hear that it may have all been nothing more than a stunt. TMZ reports that it has received a sworn statement made by Sheena Upton, claiming that a British tabloid, 'The Sun,' paid her $200 to pretend to be Kerry Campbell for the story 'I Give My 8-Year-Old Daughter Botox' that ran in March.
"I was provided with the story, instructions and a script to follow for a recorded interview," TMZ quotes Upton as stating.
According to the website, Upton also says 'Good Morning America' and 'Inside Edition' approached her after 'The Sun's report, and says she was offered "a large fee" to tell her story on air.
"The truth is I have never given my daughter Botox, nor allowed her to get any type of waxing, nor is she a beauty pageant contestant," she says in the statement, according to TMZ.
A source close to ABC news told E! that the network wants to "milk this event for everything it's worth." On Tuesday, Chris Brown became outraged following an interview with the morning show's Robin Roberts, because she asked him a question about Rihanna. The singer, who kept his composure throughout the interview, broke a window in his dressing room, tore off his shirt and stormed out of the studio following his appearance.
Christiane Amanpour has accepted the offer from ABC's news division to anchor the Sunday show 'This Week,' taking over for George Stephanopolous, who now anchors 'Good Morning America'. This means she'll be leaving CNN where she has racked up an impressive 18-year body of work consisting mostly of international reporting and journalism.
However, does this give her the chops to moderate a political fueled talk fest? There are yeas and nays on both sides of the question.
During an interview on 'Good Morning America,' O'Donnell compared the two superstars, saying that she feels sorry for what Woods is going through with his sex scandal, and is probably one of the only women who does.
"I think that everybody has demons, and sexuality in this country is kind of seen in a paradigm that is unrealistic," she said. "It's a difficult thing to be the most famous guy in the world and the most famous golfer." Agree or disagree?
Watch the video from TV's Top 5! after the jump.
According to Nielsen, George Stephanopoulos' debut on Monday yielded about 4.7 million viewers, roughly the same number who tuned in to see Diane Sawyer's last day in the anchor chair on Friday.
He hasn't take the job yet, but if he does he will replace Diane Sawyer, who we told you was going to take over for Charles Gibson when he vacates the anchor chair on World News. Gibson's last day will be Friday, December 18 and Sawyer's first day will be on Monday, December 21.
Part of the negotiations between Stephanopolous and the network revolve around the Sunday morning show he does now, This Week. He wants to keep that gig too while he works Monday through Friday on GMA. If he decides not to take the job for some reason, then current host Chris Cuomo could get the job (it must be odd to be the second choice even though you've done the exact job for a while). Whoever gets the spot will be co-host along with Robin Roberts.
ABC has confirmed that Lambert's appearance on Good Morning America on Wednesday has been canceled. And yes, we can all assume that it's because of Lambert's ridiculous performance on the AMAs over the weekend, where he made out with a guy, dragged another guy along on a leash, and also simulated oral sex with a dancer who was down on this knees. You know, because Lambert wanted to be so EDGY. (Update: Lambert will appear on CBS' The Early Show instead, and Dick Clark Productions has released a statement about the performance.)
|Yes. His performance was inappropriate.||664 (61.3%)|
|No way! He didn't do anything wrong.||420 (38.7%)|
ABC has announced that Charles Gibson will step down as anchor of the show in January. Sawyer will take over for him. Of course, that means that Sawyer will step down from her hosting gig on Good Morning America. No, I don't think there's any chance that Gibson will switch places with her and go back to GMA, but who the heck knows (ABC is using the word "retires"). Gibson does say that he wants to continue working with ABC News in some way.
So we have two big stories here: two women as network news anchors (Sawyer and Katie Couric at CBS) and the question of who will replace Sawyer in the morning. Or maybe they'll just stick with three hosts/co-hosts (Robin Roberts, Chris Cuomo, and Sam Champion). Who do you think should take over on GMA?
Sam Champion almost died on Good Morning America this morning, doing a segment about the great outdoors. Damn Earth Day! He was trying to make his way down a cliff. I love the fact that after he whips around the rock, he goes right into happy "here's your weather!" mode. They train those morning show hosts well.
[via TV Newser]
- Sci-Fi's Twilight Zone marathon continues from last night.
- AMC is showing classic westerns all day.
- Cartoon Network has Looney Tunes all day.
- Hallmark has Christmas movies all day.
- At 6am, USA has a Monk marathon.
- At 7, NBC's Today, ABC's Good Morning, America, and CBS' The Early Show will all have New Year's tips, predictions, advice, and recipes.
- At 8, TNT has a Bones marathon.
- History Channel has Ice Road Truckers episodes all day starting at 8.
- HGTV and Food Network have holiday programming all day.
- TNT is showing Law and Order all day.
- TBS is showing the movie A Christmas Story all day.
- Nickelodeon and TV Land have Christmas episodes of various sitcoms and dramas all day.
- BBC America also has Christmas episodes all day long.
- At 7am, all of the morning shows (Today, Good Morning, America, and The Early Show) will have Christmas features, music, and recipes.
- At 8, Lifetime has a Golden Girls marathon.
- Sci-Fi has a Star Trek: TNG marathon at 8.
- Bravo has a Christmas episode of The West Wing at 8, then a Top Chef marathon.
Starting tomorrow, Harry Smith will be the main anchor of The Early Show and pretty much at the helm of the broadcast.
Good Morning America co-host Robin Roberts will return to the ABC show on Monday.
Roberts underwent surgery last week after discovering she had breast cancer. The surgery went well and Roberts is now awaiting test results to figure out what her next step should be. ABC spokesperson Bridgett Maney says that Roberts is feeling great and is looking forward to getting back to work.
Roberts will be returning at an interesting time, as the newest Nielsen numbers indicate that the ratings for the 18-49 demographic are down 10% for all morning shows (GMA, Today, and The Early Show) compared to the same time last year. Meanwhile, the cable news morning shows have seen increased ratings.
Roberts says her doctor believes they caught her breast cancer early. She said, "...my doctor expects me to be flying planes and hanging on to submarines in the middle of the Atlantic and scaling the Mayan pyramids in no time." She also wrote about her diagnosis on ABC's blog.
Roberts is 46 and does not have any family history of breast cancer.
In case you missed it, ABC has posted a video of Evangeline Lilly's recent appearance on Good Morning America. The actress presented a brief clip from "Tricia Tanaka Is Dead," and gave her two cents on the love triangle. Here are the highlights:
- Lilly does not believe that Kate made an "ultimate decision" regarding Jack and Sawyer.
- The episode clip that she brought to Good Morning America showed Kate removing a dart from Sawyer's foot, and the pair arguing about how to approach their reunion with the crash survivors.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Teen Wolf Season 5 Premiere: The Creepy and the Awesome from 'Creatures of the Night'
- 'Extant' Season 2 Premiere Photos: Molly Teams Up with a Bounty Hunter
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Da'Vonne Goes Off on Audrey
- [Video] 'Dance Moms' Preview: Kalani's Mom Invites a New Dance Coach to the ALDC
- 'Scream' Review: Does MTV's New Slasher Series Live Up to the Movie Franchise?
- More From BuddyTV
- Zoo Premiere Recap: Purr-fect Summer Treat or Total Cat-tastrophe?
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: Say Cheese
- House of Cards Adds Neve Campbell as Series Regular for Season 4
- Agent Carter Season 2: Who's Moving to Los Angeles With Peggy?
- Degrassi's Original Cast Reunites for Farewell Special — See the Photos
- More From TVLine
- Emilia Clarke Kills All Hope of Threesome With Channing Tatum & Jenna Dewan
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner: A Look Back at Their Romance
- EXCLUSIVE: Nicole Richie Previews New Pop-Up Shop, Shares Summer Style Secrets
- Happier Times: 7 Moments Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner Were Absolutely Adorable
- Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson Tour 'Hunger Games' Exhibit in NYC
- More From ET