According to Vulture, Henson will play Carter, a detective. The J.J. Abrams-produced pilot follows an ex-CIA agent who is hired by a billionaire to help fight crime in New York City. Emerson will play the eccentric billionaire.
Henson previously appeared on 'Eli Stone' and 'Boston Legal.'
In other casting news ...
• Gabrielle Union has joined the cast of 'Little in Common.' The Rob Thomas comedy follows three couples who are connected via Little League sports. Union will play a very competitive lobbyist. [Deadline]
• Jean Smart will star in NBC's untitled comedy about a family of doctors. Smart will play Dr. Barbara Foote, a meddlesome mom. [Deadline]
• Aidan Quinn will star in 'Prime Suspect.' Quinn will play Lt. Kenny Rowe. Maria Bello stars as Det. Jane Tennison. [TVLine]
More casting news after the jump.
As she explained last night on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' (weeknights, 12:06AM ET on ABC), Dwyane was cool with her 'Flash Forward' character being engaged to co-star John Cho... until he visited the set.
"He was like, 'This is awes-- wait you're kissing him, a lot?'"
It only got more uncomfortable when she and Cho filmed a love scene with Dwyane looming nearby. She imitates his reaction. Awk-ward!
Watch the video after the jump.
(S01E10) I knew FlashForward was headed toward a hiatus, but I didn't expect it to be here so soon. Thankfully, this was one of the best episodes of the season so far, pushing things dramatically forward for most of the characters and the blackout mystery, as well. We also gained more insight, and thus more confusion, about Simon and his motives.
There won't be any new episodes until March 2010, which coincidentally (or more likely, not coincidentally) is when Demetri is supposed to die, according to the Persian woman on the phone. When the show returns, will its internal continuity have jumped forward three months, as well? I have a feeling it will.
I think more may have happened in this hour than has happened in the last seven or eight episodes. Let's dig into it.
Since the beginning, I've been waiting to find some confirmation as to whether these were inevitable futures, or just possible futures. And every week, I got more and more proof that it just seems like they're racing toward these inevitable destinies. Even the contradicting visions, like Zoey's vision of her wedding with Demetri, and his lack-of-vision left room for interpretation: she was a bit away from him on that beach.
But really, this episode was about Al Gough. We finally got to see the rest of his vision, and it's a doozy. Plus, Fiona showed up in the Los Angeles office, where she and Al meet again ... for the first time.
(S01E01) Well, that was it. The most eagerly anticipated premiere of the season, if early buzz is any indicator. Is it the next Lost? Is it as good as everyone says it was? It can be. As much as I liked this pilot, though, I can't say that I know for sure how good the show is going to be based on it.
The opening sequence was every bit as epic and awe-inspiring as the opening moments of Lost. Whereas in Lost we had the aftermath of a cataclysmic plane crash on a deserted island, here we had the cataclysmic crash of ... everything! They dropped us right into the moments after the global blackout to immediately show us the impact it would have. It was like the opening of a big budget summer blockbuster.
Also in the news today: Shawn Pyfrom exits 'Desperate Housewives,' while USA Network renews 'Burn Notice' and 'Royal Pains.'
See more of today's top TV headlines after the jump.
[via The TV Addict]
Can I say something here that some of you will disagree with? There are way too many procedurals on the air right now. Criminal procedurals, medical procedurals, criminal-medical procedurals...the networks are popping them out faster than Michelle Duggar gives birth. And now, we can add another potential procedural to the ever-growing list.
The new project, being developed for NBC, will star Gabrielle Union (Bring It On) as a detective who must race to save someone's life before it's too late. What's not clear from this description is if this saving will be during each episode or across the entire run of a season. What is clear is former X-Files writer and producer Frank Spotnitz will be working on development of the show for the Peacock network. This is not the first time Spotnitz and Union have worked together. They collaborated on the very short lived Night Stalker series back during the 2005-06 season.
(S02E15) You can add "glamourtunity" and "preg-nasty" to the Ugly Betty lexicon. While this episode gave us some cute moments and clever dialogue, I felt like it was light on plot. Yes, we got Renee's storyline out of the way, but the rest of it was build-up to the season's bigger issues. I'm ready for things to start happening.
(S02E13) It might not have been an official season finale (a faux-nale?), but this week's Ugly Betty could be the last one we see for a very long time. I miss the show already. So many issues are up in the air! What will happen with the Henry-Betty-Gio triangle? Will Wili's baby scheme succeed? Is Ignacio ever going to get another storyline? For now, we'll either have to use our imaginations or content ourselves with the Season One DVD. I've never been big on fanfic, so I'm going with Option B.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'iZombie' Series Premiere Photos: How to Live Like a Zombie
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 8 Guys Performance Rankings
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 20 Official Couples Photos
- 'American Crime' Review: ABC's New Gritty Drama Tackles Race and Social Class
- Best 'Suits' Quotes from Season 4 Finale
- More From BuddyTV
- Scandal: Dan Bucatinsky, Kate Burton Returning Later This Season
- Samantha Bee Exits The Daily Show to Headline Her Own TBS Series
- Glee Series Finale Photos: Klaine's Future, Rachel's Big Win and More
- Pilot News: Peter Gallagher Joins Fox's Collegiate Comedy Detour
- TVLine Items: FX Eyes Jenny Slate Show, Chev & Bev Adds Hellcat & More
- More From TVLine
- Oasis' Noel Gallagher Bashes Taylor Swift, But Isn't Bothered By Harry Styles
- Here's What It's Like To Ride The Worlds Tallest Giga Coaster
- Kate Middleton Is Heading to 'Downton Abbey'!
- Kim Kardashian Debuts Platinum Blonde Hair
- Kim Zolciak's Waist Is Tinier Than Cinderella's Thanks to Waist Training
- More From ET