May 4, 2015
by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 3rd 2009 10:05AM
I remember watching Boomtown for the first time. I remember where I was, and at what point in our lives it was on the air. Now, I watch a lot of television and have seen and forgotten more shows than most people would ever even want to be aware of. But Boomtown had that much of an impact on me.
Oh, I'm a sucker for a unique premise or take on familiar territory. I first tuned in to 24 because it took place in "real time," and I just had to see how that would work. I tuned into Boomtown because it promised me a look at crime from every possible perspective. How, I wondered, is that possible? And yet it brilliantly, beautifully and all too briefly was.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Episode 3.4 Photos: Sarah, Alison and Helena Run Into Trouble
- 'Backstrom': Ranking All the Episodes of Season 1
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Live Blog: America's Choice and the Trio Challenge
- 'The Voice'Live Blog: The Top 6 Perform
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Finale Photos: Goodbye, Mystic Falls
- More From BuddyTV
- Nashville Finale Photos: Juliette's Last Straw, Deacon's Last Chance?
- You're the Worst Recruits Office Boss to Wrangle Jimmy in Season 2
- The Simpsons Renewed: Fox Orders Seasons 27 and 28
- The Flash's Candice Patton Talks Iris' Epiphany ('I Was So Relieved!'), Grodd, Barry vs. Eddie, Unexpected Finale
- TVLine Items: Tyrant Season 2 Trailer, David Fincher's HBO Series and More
- More From TVLine
- Diddy's Laughably NSFW Fragrance Ad Is Really Just Him and Cassie Having Sex
- 2015 Met Gala Arrivals
- Britney Spears Ditches Ankle Cast Just Days After Stage Fall
- Sofia Vergara Talks Nick Loeb Frozen Embryo Battle: 'Obviously, He Has a Problem With Me'
- 6 Met Gala Moments That You Just Need to Remember Again
- More From ET