Back in October Brett mentioned a number of Stargate SG-1 movies that were heading straight to DVD release. Within that item he mentioned that these movies could be used as a launching pad for a new Stargate series. It looks like producers aren't waiting for those movies to be completed.
According to an story posted on the Gateworld website a third show in the Stargate franchise is now under development. The new series is in the concept phase and being worked on by those behind current shows Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis. Right now there doesn't seem to be a rush to production in order to replace SG1, which ends it 10-season run in Spring 2007. Instead, a premiere of 2008 or later is expected.
Meanwhile, SG1 will return in April with the final 10 episodes of the series. At the same time Atlantis will return to finish out its third season, with a fourth airing later in 2007.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Episode 2 Photos: Bring on the Silly String
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Episode 4 Photos: The Calm Before the Crazy Storm
- 'Mistresses' Season 2 Finale Photos: Can Daniel Keep April and Lucy Safe?
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 8: Frankie's 2nd HoH Photos
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Top 17 Moments: Questions and Answers from 'No One Here Can Love or Understand Me'
- More From BuddyTV
- AHS: Freak Show Sets October Premiere — Plus: New Plot Details!
- True Blood Finale Poll: Once and for All, Does Sookie Belong With Bill or Eric?
- Tony Shalhoub Joins Nurse Jackie Season 7 in Recurring Role
- NCIS: LA Boss Hints at Plan to Be 'As Noisy As We Can Be' in New Time Slot
- NBC Cancels Working the Engels
- More From TVLine
- FIRST LOOK: The 'True Blood' Series Finale
- Sir Mix-A-Lot Responds to Nicki Minaj's 'Anaconda' Video
- Saved by the Bell: 25 GIFs to Celebrate Why We're Still Obsessed with Bayside!
- Jackie Chan on Son's Drug Arrest: 'I'm Very Ashamed'
- Hayden Panettiere Confirms Her Pregnancy With Her ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- More From ET