Back in October Brett mentioned a number of Stargate SG-1 movies that were heading straight to DVD release. Within that item he mentioned that these movies could be used as a launching pad for a new Stargate series. It looks like producers aren't waiting for those movies to be completed.
According to an story posted on the Gateworld website a third show in the Stargate franchise is now under development. The new series is in the concept phase and being worked on by those behind current shows Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis. Right now there doesn't seem to be a rush to production in order to replace SG1, which ends it 10-season run in Spring 2007. Instead, a premiere of 2008 or later is expected.
Meanwhile, SG1 will return in April with the final 10 episodes of the series. At the same time Atlantis will return to finish out its third season, with a fourth airing later in 2007.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Glee' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Everyone Comes Back to McKinley
- 10 Unforgettable Moments from 'The Amazing Race' Season 25
- Steroline: 9 Pivotal Moments of Stefan and Caroline's Relationship on 'The Vampire Diaries'
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.11 Photos: Will Grief Unite Emily and Victoria?
- 'The Amazing Race' Season Finale Recap: Which Team Wins the Race?
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine's Performers of the Week: Laurie Metcalf and Stephen Colbert
- Ratings: Amazing Race Ticks Up With Finale, Splits 3-Way Demo Win
- Mysteries of Laura Adds Boardwalk Alum Meg Steedle as Series Regular
- Darlene Love's Final Late Show Visit: Watch Her Full Performance
- Late Late Show: Craig Ferguson Says Goodbye With Incredible Twist Ending
- More From TVLine