"A group of people said something to me," he said. "The tone was weird and I turned to be like, what's the tone? And that was ... it was kind of like the lights went out." DeGraw said he doesn't remember much after that, but a 911 call had reported he had been hit by a cab. "I'm told I got clipped by a taxi. My head was already so rocked from the concussion."
For lack of a better word or description, last night's show was weird and anti-climatic. At first, I was really excited about the contestants doing modern hits from the last 6 years, but then...nothing happened. I kept waiting for that one really great performance that would put the show into overdrive, but it never came.
First off, the show was cut down to a hour last night since there are only 10 contestants left. This made everything feel very rushed. It felt less like a national hit show and more like a filler before House came on. Secondly, all the judges were in agreement last night, and yet they were still fighting. Always weird. Thirdly, lack of time translated into lack of Seacrest zingers. Seacrest zingers are always the cheesiest of zings, and yet, I miss them when they're gone. It's like getting a dollar every year in your birthday card from Grandma. A dollar doesn't get you much (heck, it doesn't get you anything), but that first year when it's not in there...it burns. Finally, I think Kevin might have been eliminated prematurely. I'm convinced that if given the chance, he would have performed Britney Spears' "Toxic" and it would have been the best thing to happen to American Idol since Bobby sung the praises of the Copacabana.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice's' James Wolpert talks elimination: 'This is not a setback'
- NBC to re-air 'Sound of Music Live!,' won't change title to 'Sound of Music Taped!'
- 'The Voice's' Christina Aguilera on beating Blake Shelton to the finals: 'I kind of felt bad'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6 finale - 'A Mother's Work': [SPOILER] dies and it isn't pretty
- 'Law & Order: SVU's' Capt. Cragen retires: 12 other great cop-show bosses (plus Jim Dangle)
- More From Zap2it
- What to Watch Wednesday: Nashville and 6 Other Fall Finales, Kelly Clarkson Christmas and More
- SAG Award Nominations: Breaking Bad, Big Bang, 30 Rock Lead the Pack, Kerry Washington, Mayim Bialik Sneak In; Orange, Mad Men Shut Out
- Sons of Anarchy Post Mortem: Maggie Siff, Katey Sagal, Kurt Sutter on Deadly Finale, Plus Scoop on Season 7 —'Jax Is Completely Untethered'
- Sons of Anarchy Finale Recap: Kitchen Sunk
- Chicago Fire Fall Finale Recap: Watch Your Head
- More From TVLine